Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP catted Y pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP catted Y pipe question

I just got my pacesetter LT's in from Texas Speed along with the TSP catted Y pipe. To those who have the TSP catted Y.....how many pieces did your Y pipe come with. I've got four. Two with cats connected, another straight piece and the base of the Y containing the merge. I just want to make sure I've got it all. I got home from work late and quickly just tried to mate up the pieces and all seem to go except for one. It's possible I'm doing something wrong because its late, I'm tired and kind of rushing. Can someone tell me how many pieces I should have recieved and is 4 correct. Also any helpful tips when installing the TSP Y pipe. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Look at the picture on their website to see how it goes together, use a round file to debur the inside of the pipes so it will slid together with ease and use band clamps instead of the clamps it camp with.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Scott, I'll check out their site.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Teching In

LOL, I just got mine yesterday too and did the same thing! I had to go look at the picture on the TSP site last night to see how it went together. So anyone KNOW how much hp should I expect to loose? Will I need to retune? I have a TSP rumbler and jethot headers so I'm hoping this will take some of the harshness (read rasp) out of my exhaust, and in a perfect world not give up any hp! I guess I need to prepare to be disappointed one way or another...?? I'm moving to NY state in a month so I have to put cats on to get it inspected (just a vissual - no tail pipe hook up). BTW...II plan to put mine on tonight and then then go to a muffler shop and have it all welded together. I don't want to deal with things loosening up and moving around, leaking, etc. The fewer joints the better...
Old 09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
8 Second Club

Yeah, TSP says they label the pipes, but that's not always ture. Also, I'd try connecting all the pipes together to make sure they fit before you start your work. When I got mine, one of my pipes would fit where they should have, I had to file the edges down with a $3 file from Lowes. Thanks Lowes!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya i ALSO had to look at the picture when i first got mine! lol kinda confusing!

one that sucks though is that i blew out the drivers side cat about a weak ago and have to replace it now! so watch out for that!