Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my lts and ory and have some ?? on the install

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my lts and ory and have some ?? on the install

just got my long tubes there pacesetter and the ory i just wanted to know what do i need?? and if im going to need to grind or cut anything??? and what the fastest way and if there any steps i need to know about it before i start the install?? and if there any thing i should change while doing the install?? and i have a 99 z28 6 speed thanks for your time and i already did a search and cant really find anything
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Here's a few tips: Don't use the paper gaskests that come with the headers. If you have the ability to use a lift, do it. If not jack the car up as high as possible, while being safe about it. If the spark plugs need to be changed now is the time to do it. I dont know if you grabbed 02 extensions, if not, go to local auto store get bosch vette 02 sensors ( they are more than long enough). There might be a small square tab on the rear drivers side of the block that might impede getting the header up, you can grind that down. Oh yeah fire the car up with headers only, just once it's f'n amazing. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

thanks...will i have to take any thing off tfor the install...and do you know where i can find a write up on installing them
Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Go to slponline.com, click on 98-02 f-body, exhaust components, click on headers, on left side of page will be INSTRUCTION tab, click that and you should be set. I know you are installing pacesetters, but the install is pretty much the same for all header brands!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

i see its VERY easy if you take your coil pack rack off . it would also be easy to use a ratchet wrich to get the bolts started & in an extra set of hands would be helpful too!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you take the coil pack bracket off, LEAVE THE BACK MOST BOLT OFF when you put them back on, JMO Good luck on the install.

-J