Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Racetronix Plug N Play Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Default 98 Racetronix Plug N Play Kit

Hey, 98 owners. I'm sure some of you guys have used this kit and or run into this problem. I have 98 specific plug n play kit that came with no sock. I can't get one and the vendor insists that a factory 98 sock will work but the openings are different. What can I do to resolve this issue? What have you guys used?

thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What plug and play kit is this for ? they have a few different kit for different functions. (mostly Fuel pump kits, but they have a few others)..
Old 09-27-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they come with the walbro 255lph pump? I bought the pump but not the kit or harness and the pump came with a sock pretty similar to the stock. but the pump was too small and short to fit in the plastic trays on the metal bracket assy. I cut the trays out, and wrapped the pump in some rubber, and clamped it directly to the metal bracket with the intake below the bracket. got the sock on fine after that. send me a message if u want pictures of it.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
they come with the walbro 255lph pump? I bought the pump but not the kit or harness and the pump came with a sock pretty similar to the stock. but the pump was too small and short to fit in the plastic trays on the metal bracket assy. I cut the trays out, and wrapped the pump in some rubber, and clamped it directly to the metal bracket with the intake below the bracket. got the sock on fine after that. send me a message if u want pictures of it.
Yeah, I did all of that nonsense the 1st time around. This time the whole module was ordered but it didn't come with a sock. It's this system

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_0545a.jpg
Old 09-27-2007, 05:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Hey, 98 owners. I'm sure some of you guys have used this kit and or run into this problem. I have 98 specific plug n play kit that came with no sock. I can't get one and the vendor insists that a factory 98 sock will work but the openings are different. What can I do to resolve this issue? What have you guys used?

thanks
You can purchase a new GM sock from Thunder Racing or use our replacement.
The instructions that come with the F98-FPA detail the installation of the GM sock.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racetronix
You can purchase a new GM sock from Thunder Racing or use our replacement.
The instructions that come with the F98-FPA detail the installation of the GM sock.
O.k. I need to check all of this for myself. A friend of mine bought the kit, it had no sock and I've been banging my head ever since I was asked to try to find a resolution. Thanks, I'll get the install instructions. Just out of curiosity though, What mods need to be done to the factory sock so it'll work? It may be helpful if someone else runs across this post.

Last edited by Vicious95Z28; 09-28-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

O.k. I need to check all of this for myself. A friend of mine bought the kit, it had no sock and I've been banging my head ever since I was asked to try to find a resolution. Thanks, I'll get the install instructions. Just out of curiosity though, What mods need to be done to the factory sock so it'll work? It may be helpful if someone else runs across this post.
If you do not have the instructions you can e-mail support@racetronix.com to get them. Make sure you provide all your contact info and where you purchased your kit.

>WEB SITE<
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only modification is to pull a metal piece out of the plastic collar and it slides right onto the pump.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
The only modification is to pull a metal piece out of the plastic collar and it slides right onto the pump.

Cool!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Cool!
There are some details, pictures and cautions so it would be best to get the manual from support.

>WEB SITE<