Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 pcv and ls2 TB?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 pcv and ls2 TB?

I have a question? I just installed my ls6 valley cover. Had to dremel the block I have three vent pipes on my valve covers. 1. was plugged and was on driver side. 2. was plugged and on passenger rear cover. 3. is on passenger valve cover in front and at same time as install I replaced intake and tb with fast 90/90. So, with me having a corvette and now a 90mm ls2 tb no where to connect hose to TB. Can I just plug that vent also or will I have to cut into my plenum to place that vent hose?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm that is a good question. I think the LS2 may have a different pcv system so what I would do first is find out how the LS2's system works and go from there.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the look
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

I have a LS2 intake with the LS6 valley cover and I am using ABEAR aftermarket valve covers with a PVC valve on the driver side rear and open connector on the passenger side front. The LS6 valley cover pipe connects to the front of the LS2 intake through a PVC valve I think. I also do not know what I am going to do with the two valve cover connectors. In the back of the LS2 manifold are two vacuum ports; one for the brake booster and I am not sure what the other one is for, but it is to small to connect to the PVC valve coming from the valve cover. I was thinking of using a catch can to go from the PVC valve cover through the catch can and back to the port on the passenger side valve cover. Does anyone think that will work? Thanks, Ken.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the.erinyes
I have a LS2 intake with the LS6 valley cover and I am using ABEAR aftermarket valve covers with a PVC valve on the driver side rear and open connector on the passenger side front. The LS6 valley cover pipe connects to the front of the LS2 intake through a PVC valve I think. I also do not know what I am going to do with the two valve cover connectors. In the back of the LS2 manifold are two vacuum ports; one for the brake booster and I am not sure what the other one is for, but it is to small to connect to the PVC valve coming from the valve cover. I was thinking of using a catch can to go from the PVC valve cover through the catch can and back to the port on the passenger side valve cover. Does anyone think that will work? Thanks, Ken.
Yeah the ls6 valley cover connects the intake through a pcv.
That back Driver side valve cover is plugged
The back vent on the pass valve cover is suppose to be plugged
and the front one usually goes into the TB but with LS2 TB it goes into the prior to the TB if you even need it...that was my question.
You are again correct about the brake booster for the larger port but the small one is to suppy vacuume to your heating and air vent control im pretty sure.