Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudmouth owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loudmouth owners

i'm seriously close to ordering the slp loudmouth with 3.5" tips. i was looking on www.slponline.com and wasn't sure if there was anything else i needed before ordering the LM. Is slp the cheapest i can get it for? I plan on keeping my cats and not getting headers since all i hear is that the LM is too damn loud with those mods. This will be my first mod to my 02 z28.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: loudmouth owners

The loudmouth itself is really all that you need. You can bolt it up in your garage or have a shop weld it, which is what I did. SLP will be the cheapest or close enough to it, probably. I got mine for $310 shipped about 18 months ago on a group purchase but it's usually closer to $350.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

try stealth performance.com.....they have a sale on them.....slp is the most expensive place to get there exhaust.....shipping is a rip off too
Old 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

im too lazy to find a site but im sure there is a cheaper place than SLP to buy it.check out any performance website on the right and see if you can shop around.
There is nothing else needed, the kit comes with everything...but tht doesnt mean you have to stop there. Get a induction lid to free up somemore HP
Old 06-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

in high performance pontiac magazine there was a ad and i got my loud mouth for 309$ shipped to my house. I also live a half hour away so that could be y too. I love the loudmouth, but now i am doing headers so i will probably change them off because i am worried about the cop and neibor issues. I wll most likely use borla next.
ps bolt them on just incase you donnot like them, and if u love them u then later have the option to weld them.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

I paid about 400 shipped from slp. shop around i know of at least one place i could have gotten it cheeper than that if i had just looked around. comes with everything and should only take you about an hour or so to put on. bolt it in place first though. That way you can take it off if you get bored with it.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im ordering my loudmouth on tuesday. i belive its 325 bucks from ls1motorsports.com but im not sure about shipping
Old 06-06-2003, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am getting a loudmouth too!! cant wait to hear it!
Old 06-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Just a tip, don't try to install the Loudmouth yourself unless you have the means to get your car pretty high up. I tried myself and after spending all night just getting the stock exhaust off I drove my car to a shop in the morning with just the Y-Pipe to get the Loudmouth put on. The guy there lifted the car and it took him only 15 minutes to completely install it. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

As long as you can get the car as high as a normal floor jack will go you should be fine. I tried to get the over the axle pipe on without jacking it up as high as it would go and it wasn't enough. After going all the way up though it just slid over the axle.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea my dad has a lift at his shop so im gunna bring it there to get done.. i belive the stock exuast is only 1 bolt and a couple hangars to get off. only reason why u should have to get it high is to get the pipe out from over the rear. but it dosnt look like it takes a long time to intall at all
Old 06-07-2003, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine for about 200 used and got a great deal. We bolted it up but the tips are welded on. All we did was cut the stock pipe off in two locations and it just came right down. Then it was right back up with the LM. Piece of cake and no problems with it bein bolted on except for having to pull the clamp off the stock pipe (it was spot welded).
Old 06-08-2003, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i installed mine with no jack or lift.just drove the pass back wheel on 2 2x6's (3" raise) you will have to cut the stocker off above the axle. or drop the axle to get off whole. it installs in no time. a have ground effects so it took me a while to get them nice and pretty in the opening,s for the tips! i love it. i love it i love it! raw power! raw sound! anything else would be to civalized!!!!!!!!