Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major miss, can't figure it out.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Major miss, can't figure it out.. Need help

I'm hoping this section is the best place for this..

So my LS1/4L80E swapped 63 pick up was running fine just after a Trex/Heads install. Did a converter two nights ago and fired it up. Was running fine with a few free revs and idle. The next day I went by the place I keep the truck at with my dad. Went to fire it as he had not heard it with the new set up. I had to keep throttle about 25-30% just to keep it running but it was missing bad. Got out and felt the header tubes. All the drivers were cool to the touch.

I check the coil packs at the main connector today and they had power. Fired it again with the same issue needing to give it throttle. Felt the header tubes again and the drivers were cold along with #2 (first in line on the passanger side). But 4, 6 and 8 were all hot.

Double checked all the wiring that was disconnected (Front O2's, Main trans connector and VSS) wondering if something there could cause the issue for some odd reason. Everything is plugged in and solid.

I had HPtuners hooked up logging DTC's and I did not see anything that was poping up.

Anyone with ideas?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the spark plug wires for spark?