Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on swaping heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on swaping heads

If if swap heads to the AFR 205 from the stock ls1 heads, will I have to change my headers. Never changed heads before. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tasilver
If if swap heads to the AFR 205 from the stock ls1 heads, will I have to change my headers. Never changed heads before. Thanks for any info.
If you have long tube headers then no you wont have to change them. Also you are going to have to get another cam, you dont have to but to see the gains with the heads a cam is a good idea. I think this is in the wrong section prob should be in internal engine section. lol had to do it
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to swap the cam also. I thought heads were bolton and cams were internal. Guess it shows how much I know by my original post. I just thought that since headers were bolt ons I could find anwser here fastest.
Thanks for the info, I did not want to buy a head cam package just to find out I needed new headers as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No new headers required - although they'd go great with those heads.

I think you'd definitely see an increase in power with just heads - although, to really shine, a new cam would be a great as well.

The AFRs are a much better design than the stock heads, therefore gains can be had. Better runner design, better chamber design, etc...

Good luck.