Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you identify this sb1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you identify this sb1?

this engine is the shot from under the hood of the 76' camaro "bumble bee" in the new movie "Transformers". i have tried to find what type of injection system this is and have had no luck. it resembles a mechanical style but it looks like the manifold is cast. all mechanical systems i have seen had sheet metal manifolds. any way looks like a sweet setup and has a nice look of old school meets new school. other wise its a dressed up sb1: facricated valve covers, aftermarket sepentine setup, aluminum heads, ect. it gives a nice effect and its killing me to know what induction system it has. thanks for those who might shead some light. -justin

Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like something custom made.

"trumpets" normally poke out of the hood so having them staying under makes me think its been custom done.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I was wondering the same thing, I was wondering if that was even a shot from the same car, seems like when It was on ebay it was just a regular ol chrome air breathered small block. It may be a kinsler set up

Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

It actually looks like a Big Block by the size of the valve covers. Also, I'm pretty sure those are four dual Webers and not fuel injection. Simular to the FI system above but you can see the float boals on the tops of the carbs and the midsection is larger to contain the venturies. I also don't see any injectors or fuel rail.

Re'
Old 10-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Teching In

when i first saw this i assumed bbc too based on the covers, but when i slowed down the film and rolled it frame by frame you can see the header flange as the camera pans into the engine bay, def. sbc. This is a shot of the same car but the only desription i could find said it was a "prop" engine. there were 3 cars used to shoot the movie and all of those recived a GM performance parts 330hp crate engine w/ edelbrock pro flow injection and reman th350's. that is why the one on ebay you see a regular looking air cleaner. i really think it is some sort of injection b/c the movie shots are more clear and i just dont think they are carbs. but i certianly could be wrong otherwise i would'nt be asking- j
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Teching In

oops i stand corrected i just went back and looked and it is a bbc