Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting the Throttle bracket to a z06 intake???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting the Throttle bracket to a z06 intake???

Well, after a bunch of ****, i'm still in serach of an LS6 intake. I know that the z06 intakes will work on our cars, but i'm also aware of the different throttle body setups. I understand the z06 intake does not have the brass inserts pre-drilled and tapped.

My question is if any1 is running a vette intake, and what was there fix in order to mount the throtle bracket to the intake? Reason i'm asking is there seem to be alot of vette intakes for sale at a good price right now, and i'm in need of one asap. Thanks.
-Chad
Old 10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the intake will have the two holes in it so just remove your old brass inserts and screw them in the LS6intake. It's easy because you will notice that the brass inserts don't have threads on the outside but more like a self tapping grooves. Just push and turn at the same time.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvvette97
the intake will have the two holes in it so just remove your old brass inserts and screw them in the LS6intake. It's easy because you will notice that the brass inserts don't have threads on the outside but more like a self tapping grooves. Just push and turn at the same time.
Got ya, thanks!