Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mechanical o2 sims actually working so far...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mechanical o2 sims actually working so far...

I did my headers/ypipe a couple hundred miles ago. I have emissions legal shorty headers and an ory, so i didnt need a tune. I figured I'd try mechanical o2 sims ( http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959 ) before i went with electronic o2 sims.

One problem i ran into is that when i drilled out the first anti-fouler as it calls for in that link, I found i could still not get the o2 sensor to screw in (the tip is too big compared to those sensors in that thread). I solved this by cutting the male thead off one of the anti-foulers and welding them together with a cheap wire feed welder in the middle (then sealed it up with some jb weld), to create the same basic design with a larger inner diameter for the tip of the o2. So far no codes. I'll post pictures in a bit.

Cost a total of 4 or 5 bucks... just thought i'd let you guys know. Seems like this is a good alternative to electronic o2 sims if you dont need to delete your egr/air codes. I have to swap back on my stock ypipe for missouri emissions inspection every year so there are sacrifices i have to make
Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting Larry, post up some pics when u can