Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT and Cat Y pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LT and Cat Y pipe?

Hey guys I have done a little searching a reading but I just got a couple of questions before I buy.

I'm looking at buying the Pacesetter LT headers from Texas-Speed and the Texas-Speed 3" Y pipe. Right now I have the SLP Dual/Dual catback, will all this bolt up together? Will I need the 24" o2 Extentions? Will I have any SES lights come on? Will I be able to pass inspection?

Thanks for any help, I'm a little short on time so sorry if all this has been posted X1000 times.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know I've stated this several times in quite a few threads on here but, honestly...(I should just copy it somewhere lol)

Think of what your long term goals are for the car and what you REALLY want from it and what you'll be happy with. Mod wisely knowing that you made the right choices and picked the right parts.

I've been in the LS1 game for a while now and learned quite a bit over the years. The biggest thing I learned was that cutting corners definetly did NOT pay off in the long run. It took me a few years and pretty much starting all over to finally get it through my thick (and poor) head that from then on if I was going to do it, that I would do it once and do it right the first time. Even if it meant holding out and saving for a little while longer.

I used to have a set of Jet-Hot coated Kook's headers on my pervious '99 TA...honestly, they looked pretty crappy after only 1 1/2 years of having them and the car was NOT a daily driver at the time. The coating had chipped away and peeled down near the collectors and the headers themselves started to rust badly.
I learned quite a damn bit after having that car for over 5 years...

With all of that being said, my current '02 WS6 has stainless American Racing Headers and I wouldn't think of running anything else. They fit a TON better than what I previously had and really cannot be beat.
No burning O2 & Cam position sensor wires on my car!
Give ARH a call and I'm sure you'll be happy...from their customer service to their product, they are simply the best.

Save up some more and buy something higher end, you'll thank yourself in the long run.
Goodluck
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ruquick02ls1
Hey guys I have done a little searching a reading but I just got a couple of questions before I buy.

I'm looking at buying the Pacesetter LT headers from Texas-Speed and the Texas-Speed 3" Y pipe. Right now I have the SLP Dual/Dual catback, will all this bolt up together? Will I need the 24" o2 Extentions? Will I have any SES lights come on? Will I be able to pass inspection?

Thanks for any help, I'm a little short on time so sorry if all this has been posted X1000 times.

should bolt right up
You will need the o2 extentions
After my install i was getting a SES light, but got the code deleted
You should be fine on the inspection, what state are you in?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXws6
should bolt right up
You will need the o2 extentions
After my install i was getting a SES light, but got the code deleted
You should be fine on the inspection, what state are you in?
I live in Houston, Texas.

Also my car is an A4 will that make a difference in the install?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ruquick02ls1
Also my car is an A4 will that make a difference in the install?
No. You could also consider the Pacesetter Y as an alternative to the TSP.