Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Dynatechs?? I have some...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Dynatechs?? I have some...

Okay I purchased these awhile ago, and never had the chance to install them...I bought them off of LS1.com, but the guy had never installed them. I had to purchase the collector separately tho.

Finally, I got to put them on my gf's 99 T/A, after they were on, everything seemed fine, but all of a sudden I developed a leak, soo I figured it was a crack in one of the welds on the y-pipe, but when I was able to get the car up in the air and check, it turned out to be the collector on the driver side...it seems to be leaking, and the shop I had look at everything, told me there isnt anyway to fix it, I would probably have to get another one and hope it doesnt start leaking...

Has anyone else had this problem?? These are awesome headers, I dont want to swap them out if I can get around it, but I will go with a different setup if I have too...

TireFryer
Old 06-12-2003, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Problems with Dynatechs?? I have some...

I've heard of it happening before. Sometimes people can get away with re-rtv-ing them. However, i've heard some have to resort to having the collectors welded on.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Yea, that was the other option...he said he might be able to take off the headers to be able to weld them on...but he isnt sure he could get all the way around them...

I have an extra set of Pacesetter's soo I might just end up putting those on if I cant figure out how to fix this problem
Old 06-12-2003, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i fought dynatechs for about a year - i did everything imagineable to seal them with all the recommendations. they are a slip on collector and WILL expand and leak bad, no doubt. on a weekend warrior, maybe that is acceptable, not on a daily driver. it is nasty. i tried silicon, rvt, high temp, etc, etc. that is just the nature of the beast. sitting at a stoplight was too much for me personally
Old 06-13-2003, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Well, it doesnt really bother me that much...since they are on my gf's car, and she says that it doesnt really bother her...

But I really want to try and fix this problem...