Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Successful QTP HVMC Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Successful QTP HVMC Install

After 8 hours of wrenching,jamming, cutting and saying every four letter word I know my car now has longtubes. Hooking up AIR and EGR wasn't too bad, the oxygen extensions were easy but it took awhile to make them not hang and to not touch any of the tubes. I had to drop the starter,dipstick tube and the passenger coil pack(which went in with one less bolt than it came out with, I mean who in the **** put a bolt back there and what about the God damn spike strip thats on top of it.) My rear o2s are not plugged in and I drove it about 8 miles back to my house, it sounds a little too much like a log truck to me though. I was surprised that no SES light has come on yet. I have 2 magnaflow converters that will get put into a y pipe this week. All in all it seems like a very good quality product.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

A LOG TRUCK ????? I really don't know why you would say that....guess you like cats or something...anyway--I am sure you will think it was worth it in the end...I guess..???????????..I loved mine right away---jumped up and down almost. [actually, I did, after many drinks....then fell.]
Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well my dad was behind me on the ride home, so I tried to keep it under 2000 rpms so that might be why it sounded like that. Everything in the cab shook so that was cool.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

WELLLLLLLL.....that cooouuld be it....haha...I am sure you will appreciate the power and the sound, after you get it all done...what muffler are u gonna use.???
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 HOSS
After 8 hours of wrenching,jamming, cutting and saying every four letter word I know my car now has longtubes. Hooking up AIR and EGR wasn't too bad, the oxygen extensions were easy but it took awhile to make them not hang and to not touch any of the tubes. I had to drop the starter,dipstick tube and the passenger coil pack(which went in with one less bolt than it came out with, I mean who in the **** put a bolt back there and what about the God damn spike strip thats on top of it.) My rear o2s are not plugged in and I drove it about 8 miles back to my house, it sounds a little too much like a log truck to me though. I was surprised that no SES light has come on yet. I have 2 magnaflow converters that will get put into a y pipe this week. All in all it seems like a very good quality product.
damm dude i put mine on in 3 hours the only thing i had to remove was the oil fiter
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

im actually taking mine off this week and putting kooks on
Old 10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Did you have a lift? I'm curious about how much that would have helped. Maybe I'm just fat and slow haha. Why are you switching? I think I'm just gonna use the LM1 that came on it, I can always Borlamouth it and nobody around here wants to run duals.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

no i did mine 0n 4 3ton jack stands all the way up. im going to the kooks because of the steped design because im doing a big cam and heads.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta tell you, LT headers into any kind of open catback like a LM sounds pretty truck-like. With my open cutout, my car sounds pretty terrible under 3000 rpms It sound mean as hell at WOT though. The tone sucks, but it's definitely mean.