Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product - WS6 Functional Ram Air Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Product - WS6 Functional Ram Air Kit!

Fast Toys is always striving to bring new, innovative products to the market. In cooperation with JAAM Engineering, we pleased to announce the availability of a brand new ram air kit that can be insatlled to make the factory WS6 hood fully functional!

JAAM 98-02 WS6 Ram Air Kit

The JAAM Ram Air System is designed to force cold, high-pressure air into your engine to build more horsepower. By using all four snorkels of your WS6, the system brings in cold fresh air, which contains more oxygen (denser) than the warmer air the car normally breathes. In addition, this system will achieve a substantial pressurizing of the LS1 air box and at speeds as low as 60 mph.

Your car will also benefit from improved throttle response, better highway passing power and increased top end pulling power. Many customers have also been experiencing 5-10 % better fuel economy from the increased efficiency of their motors. Typical 1/4-mile improvements are 1 to 2 tenths and 1.5-2.5 MPH increase in trap speed. This is over the free air mod and factory installed ram air systems!

The system has been tested on a 2000 WS6 and has shown to have 4 times more pressure under full throttle then the stock WS6 ram air and 3.5 times more than the Free Ram Air mod. Testing has shown that the pressure drops less than .25” WC for the SDS ram air system vs. 1.0” WC for stock WS6 ram air under full throttle conditions.

The JAAM Ram Air System has been tested under extreme rain conditions and has shown that no moisture will make it past the air cleaner. Under these conditions, the air filter might be slightly damp, but dries out within minutes. Because of this, we recommend using a K&N or Holley Power Shot air filter. This product has undergone 3 years of field testing and still has the original seals. No failures have occurred.

This low cost modification can give you 15-20 HP increases at 100 MPH. Power will continue to increase as you go faster! The system is constructed of 5061 aluminum that is Laser cut and is features clear anodized finish.

Don't settle for poor imitations, which do not offer the same level of testing, engineering, quality or performance. The JAAM Ram Air System has been designed and tested by Mechanical Engineers using water column pressure gages. We even tested our system without snorkels screens with all openings sealed and saw no increase in pressure. This is one modification that you can really feel the difference.

Includes all necessary hardware and detailed instructions to complete an easy, bolt-on installation.

You can view the kit in our online catalog at:

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...001944dc310e95
Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the guy on here that builds these... good to see he finally decided to give em a go ahead in the market...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, that's a fairly significant increase!

I would flip that graph, though, so MPH is the independent variable. Would make a more substantial statement.....
Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
12 Second Club

How does this compare to your FTRA? I would like to see that in the graph also.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Ill be watching this....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice looking peice.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet !!!~
Old 10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, I wouldn't mind buying one, where can I get one from?

EDIT doh!, missed the link at the bottom of the post.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

You can purchase them right off our web site or by calling us at 204-955-4896

We have no testing information of this kit vs our FTRA at this time.

For those of you that just want to pretty up your engine bay, the bottom piece in front of the factory air box can be purchased seperately for 90.00 + shipping.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Launching!

looks awesome... anyone else have any experience with this? is this basically the same thing as the BG kit?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
You can purchase them right off our web site or by calling us at 204-955-4896

We have no testing information of this kit vs our FTRA at this time.

For those of you that just want to pretty up your engine bay, the bottom piece in front of the factory air box can be purchased seperately for 90.00 + shipping.

Thanks!

thats not a bad price either. i made my own and it was well worth $90 imo just for the time to make it.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

ok we need a dyno, even if it only works when your driving
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Twigs
looks awesome... anyone else have any experience with this? is this basically the same thing as the BG kit?
It is similiar in principal but the components are made out of metal instead of plastic. With that being said, it should last a very long time! Nobody has any experience with this kit as it literally just became available for sale yesterday
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fortmyerspolice
ok we need a dyno, even if it only works when your driving
Its not going to benefit dyno runs. Unless the fans on the dyno can produce the same amount of air as traveling at 100mph+. This is some serious amount of air, have you ever popped your head or hand out of the t-tops while driving at 80mph+? it almost takes it off. If a fan at the dyno could produce that amont of air you wouldn't be able to stand anywhere near it. You would need a fan simular to those sky diver simulators.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
Its not going to benefit dyno runs. Unless the fans on the dyno can produce the same amount of air as traveling at 100mph+. This is some serious amount of air, have you ever popped your head or hand out of the t-tops while driving at 80mph+? it almost takes it off. If a fan at the dyno could produce that amont of air you wouldn't be able to stand anywhere near it. You would need a fan simular to those sky diver simulators.
Well yeah, but what I meant was maybe there would be a gain at a standstill. I was wondering if there are any differences in intake air temperature.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Can it be modified to fit Firehawk's hood/air box?

I may order the lower peice just for looks.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slvrhwk
Can it be modified to fit Firehawk's hood/air box?

I may order the lower peice just for looks.
It's designed specifically for the WS6 hood and the raised lower air box that the WS6 hood uses. We would have no idea if it could be modified to work with a Firehawk.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 on the firehawk hood fitment...
Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by John02Hawk
+1 on the firehawk hood fitment...
If someone with a firehawk wants to try the kit, we can give you a discount to try and report back to us.

However, if the kit needs to be cut or modified in any way, it cannot be returned if altered.

Email us at sales@fasttoys.net if you are interested.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
I'll use that piece with my standard FB hood homemade CAI. It'll be a lot nicer than the foam I have stuffed down there now.
Attached Thumbnails New Product - WS6 Functional Ram Air Kit!-thehoodlg.jpg   New Product - WS6 Functional Ram Air Kit!-hood-b-6x3.7.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Product - WS6 Functional Ram Air Kit!