Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant instructions! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Volant instructions! HELP!

I had my volant intake "professionally" installed by one of the site sponsors and drove from florida to california. When I got here i was under the hood and noticed that the intake looked a little crooked. So I just tapped it to center it and ......off it came!! I'm trying to fit it all back together snugly but the MAF and Y split dont quite marry up flush.

Does anybody have the instructions it came with?? The site offers absolutely NO instructions. If anybody has a softcopy they can e-mail or post I would appreciate it greatly!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best I could find...

http://www.rksport.com/pdf/07093401.pdf
Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Teching In

I think this is all they sent with it. THANKS I appreciate it! The reason it might not be fitting snuggly might be cause of the SLP smooth bellows. Anybody have any ideas? How much difference is that smooth bellows making?? Should I switch back to the stock bellows?? Every thing is together but not flush.In between the bottom of the MAF and the Y split there is a small split that I can't force any closer together.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

smooth bellows prob not much other than visual mod. the slp is tough to bend and i would switch it out if it fixes your issue. no real power difference, if you like the look there are more plyable ones out there.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Volant and during my research here and on other LSx forums, I found that the smooth bellows doesn't work well. I stayed with the stock bellows for this reason and the fact that a smooth bellows really doesn't do that much for air flow.

Marc
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Teching In

I went back to the factory bellows and it still didn't fit correctly. I ended up going to the home depot and getting a 4 to 3 inch plumbing coupler!! Works great and fits perfectly! Doesn't look bad either! Hope this may help someone out there...