Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent fan question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Urgent fan question!

Ok so long story short, i had different fans wired in my car and i dont really know what they did with my stock fan wires. They simply wired the fans into a power and a ground on a switch. So i found this weird 4 prong plug which i think that they maybe put all my stock fan wires in just so i wouldnt lose them. Its exactly 4 wires and they all match up color wise to the stock fan wires. This plug is ran to where you see in the pictures. DOes this look like where the stock fan wires run? Does this plug look recognizable as something else to anyone? LMK< if its the wires, i'll just cut and splice back into the stock fan plugs and be good to go. LMK!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok, i have the fans wired now... Now i need to test them. I cant run my car up to temp ATM, its in a million pieces. I used to have a fan switch but the shop also changed that. Now can i set up a manual switch to test the fans out? I have a switch installed and one end is grounded, where do i tap into for the other wire so it works?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ughh, anyone? All i want to do is test my fans via switch to make sure i have them wired correctly....

Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Anyone.... i swear i've asked over 2 dozen people, i've search the forum for at least an hour, and i've posted and had no luck on this. All i find them i search is the shoebox thingy which is a diagram from a 95 lt1 and if very complicated. I know there is a simply way to just tap somewhere in the fuse box but i cant remember what it was.....

Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess calling whoever did your fan wiring and asking them is not gonna happen?