Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR Tube Crimped Shut

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR Tube Crimped Shut

Hey Guys,
I want to slap on my MAC headers, but the AIR tube is crimped shut at the top (I bought them used). Should I just file that off (the hose is long enough to do that) or is there anything else I should do. I am open to suggestions.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

file off the crimp? I'm guessing the mount with the bolt holes was cut off then the end of the pipe was crimped? If so you'll have to replace it or you'll have a huge leak. Once you get your old headers off take them to a shop or if you can, cut the one off your old headers and weld it to your MAC's. Or just delete your air and EGR. Any way though good luck to ya. Let us know what you eventually do when you get 'em put in
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Allright man thanks. I was thinking about deleting that stuff anyways, so do you think it would be worthwhile to do now? Anything else I need to know before I do it?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

I saw a writeup on here somewhere, can't remember exactly where though. try searching for it.