Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Solution?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Solution?

Here is the problem, i have the LQ9 in my 99'ta. I have yet to get it to cold start without aplying gas. not to big of a deal. here is what worries me, after about 30 mins of driving, if i go back to an idle, you can hear the idle pattern change and then it starts becoming harder to keep the idle. when i aply gas during that time it tries to die, a sec later it just KICKS in and goes. could this be a vacuum leak?

Option 2 - I have HP Tuners hooked up and on start up my IAT is about 80ish, after driving its at 150ish once i let it idle. i have the k&N mass flow intake, so i know its hot. I thought maybe i could switch to a volant intake and maybe it would fix the problem. I heard that a vacuum leak can make you run hotter as well. Would really like some advice.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that piece, what am i supposed to be looking for, or what should i replace, when i have the a/c controls on, i can feel air coming outta the metal hoses next to it.