Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB Bypass- What material to use?

Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB Bypass- What material to use?

What material do you use for tb bypass adn where can i find it? I'm in a rush to get car working (intake manifold install) so can get to work in morning and don't have time for a search.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

5/16 inch fuel line,,i would get 3 feet and cut down to what you need (2 feet will do it, but tightly)

and 2 very small worm clamps,,,,,,the line will be "loose" on the fitting right in front of your intake, but the worm clamp will make short work of that.

A couple of zip ties to clean things up and your set

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just used a smalll barb to connect the lines instead of the new line, not sure what size. would be cleaner to go the completely new route though
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
i just used a smalll barb to connect the lines instead of the new line, not sure what size. would be cleaner to go the completely new route though
I've done it 3 ways on my car...

1. Barb fitting. Ended up leaking.

2. 5/16" fuel line clamped down to fit on the 1/4" tube. It worked, but IMO, it wasn't the correct way to do it. If you are in a pinch, this method gets my vote.

3. The way I currently have it is with a tube sleeve and tube nut, and I flared the end of the crossover tube to accept a 37* flare fitting. The rest is -6 stainless braided hose that goes to the radiator. Not the cheapest method, but by far the cleanest way to do it.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

if a barb is used, most times its hidden under the the neck of the lid,,either way will get the job done and either way is fairly cheap.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
+1, thats the way i did it, worked fine for me
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

NAPA has a non-metal coolant connector, 1/4" that works to connect the two lines. Not sure on the f-body, but on the Vette the line that connects to the radiator is expanded to a larger diameter so a constant diameter line won't work. I ended up extending the 1/4" line from the cross over on the head to place the connection in a better location away from the water pump and then the coupler to join the lines.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks like the 5/16 line worked. it was dark when i finsihed so can't tell if it's leaking. Car seems to have lots more power w FAST 90 installed. Problem w/ idling at 2K now though. Guessing its just blade opened at idle. Will tackle that tomorrow.

Search this Thread