Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Cold air intake

I just installed the SLP cold air intake. I bought it used off ebay for $45 shipped. My opinion on the piece is not worth the $100 plus they are asking for it brand new. For the price that I paid I would say maybe its worth it. For the difference I noticed around town was nothing. Once I got out on a local highway that is where I really noticed the difference. The throttle response was up at higher speeds along with a minor if any accelaration increase.

For the install information it was just a pain in the a$$. It wasn't difficult to do just more troublesome than anything. With watching football the "crew" that assisted me in the install of the part removed and cut the pieces necessary before kick off of 2nd half. We finished putting the parts in after the game was over. It took about an 90 minutes to do the whole job. Now just keep in mind we were in football mode so that means a little and a little

Yet again depends on what you spend on the CAI makes it worth it IMO
Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

damn, I did the install what i was 17 and it was easy as cake....I added the SSRA to the Cai to make it much more efficient, I would recommend that you do the same
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest I can't justify 200+ dollars for an intake. I replaced the silencer with 3" piping and smoothed down the factory lid. Then removed the a/c condenser and all that other plastic crap. Works pretty well actually.

edit : i love working in football mode
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
damn, I did the install what i was 17 and it was easy as cake....I added the SSRA to the Cai to make it much more efficient, I would recommend that you do the same
where did you get the ssra bottom piece
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

they are not produced anymore, so i contacted the guy who invented them and he made me one,,,,,,I'll search for his user name b/c i don't remember off the top of my head.....

Heres a side view of it....
Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

I WANT ONE. thanks for the pic. That helped a lot.
If anyone wants to sell one ill buy it.