Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default exhaust??

i need to make up my mind on an exhaust for the 414 and i need a little help
(not going true duals) so here is my question

what catback to go with for my 3 inch long tubes but out of the cat backs what is the least restrictive???

and i have the ta rear bumper now so tips are an issue i had the b&b tri flow when it was a v6 car but its a 2.5 inch system and the tips require some cutting on the bumper for them to fit right.

i have heard that corsa sounds terrible with longtubes (but thats with factory cubes)

just wanted your thoughts
and i know the talk about true duals but a friend with a 408 dynoed his catback against his cutout and gained 11 rwhp (not worth the aggeravation of loosing ground clearence trying to tuck duals under the car)
Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty much any of the top brands are least restrictive, corsa, gmmg, borla. I have corsa's on mine with AR longtubes and ORY and I love the sound of it, with stock cubes. It does have a rasp but a bullet muffler added to the I pipe solves this and barely restricts any flow since they're flow through pipes. Someone on here had a writeup with the corsa compared to cutouts on the dyno and I think he only gained a handful of horsepower