Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to's for LT install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to's for LT install?

Hey! I've been itchin to throw some money at my car SS and Headers are comin to mind. I stoped at a Wards Auto(Local Performance shop) and he said that headers on a LS1 F-body are the second most difficult header install he has ever done(second to LT1).

I was wondering if this is something that anyone could do over the weekend with some freinds or is this one for the pro's at a shop?

Also if anyone had some tips or knew of a site like InstallUniversity that had a step by step or something.

thanks for the help!
Old 06-21-2003, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: How to's for LT install?

You can do it yourself. It seems the install of each brand of header is different. When you choose your header, try to find install threads on that specific brand. I installed Kooks which weren't bad once I realized I needed to pull the 4 engine mount bolts and jack up the engine a little bit. Once I did that, I just gave it a good shove and I was good to go. The passanger side didn't require a single thing to be done, it just slipped right into place.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Default Re: How to's for LT install?

TTT