Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zo6 titanium exhaust.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zo6 titanium exhaust.

has anyone put a c5 zo6 exhaust on their fbody. really like the way they sound and was curious to know if is possible at all. would run true duals with it....
Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nope, you can have a titanium exhaust made, but I dont see the need for it
Old 11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

You would be better off with stainless.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Default like it

its not the fact of it bein titanium its that i really like the way it sounds. curious to know how hard it would be to do zo6 exhaust
Old 11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

itd be a lot of work if you could even do it. yopud have to cut this bend that.

Itd be cheaper to go to an exhaust shop, and say hey I want a titanium exhaust and want to use this muffler. make it happen.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whitesmoke00
its not the fact of it bein titanium its that i really like the way it sounds. curious to know how hard it would be to do zo6 exhaust
It's not just the exhaust that makes it sound that way.

The lay out of a vette exhaust is different and the ls6 is not quite the same as a ls1.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
It's not just the exhaust that makes it sound that way.

The lay out of a vette exhaust is different and the ls6 is not quite the same as a ls1.
yea the heads and intake its not the whole motor that is diff....the muffler is what makes the sound on a exhaust, yes diff mufflers sound diff on diff cars , but the ls6 is not much diff the a ls1. you sound like you are comparing a ls1 to a damn sbf....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Default blah

i know it wont sound the exact same considerin i have headers and larger exhaust but the way the muffler is setup inside does matter. my father has a zo6 sittin outside so i do know the difference. i agree on the goin to the shop and sayin use this muffler. thanx for the advice. what i figuared i would have to do.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Teching In

it could be done, however it's very hard to find someone who can weld/work Ti, so for that reason... in addition to the fact that it's just going to be the wrong layout period... will make it very not-cost effective.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Jacket4256
yea the heads and intake its not the whole motor that is diff....the muffler is what makes the sound on a exhaust, yes diff mufflers sound diff on diff cars , but the ls6 is not much diff the a ls1. you sound like you are comparing a ls1 to a damn sbf....
It's not just the mufflers. Corvettes use true duals, F-bodys use y-pipe setups. They will NEVER sound the same. Even if you get TD's on an F-body, it'll never sound the same as a Corvette's TD's, even using the same mufflers on the same motors. The Corvettes were designed from the factory with them so you can run equal length piping off the manifolds out the back. For the F-body, TD's require strange bends and uneven piping lengths to the merge and out the back. Even if it were possible to run the exact same exhaust setups and the exact same mufflers on the exact same motor, the whole undercarriage of the cars are totally different and you'll have to deal with the different harmonic frequencies of the cars. It's impossible to make an F-body sound exactly the same as the Corvette, no matter what you do.

But you can try...just don't expect the same exact results.

Do the C5 ZO6's even make that much noise with the stock exhaust? Doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me...so quiet...
Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
It's not just the mufflers. Corvettes use true duals, F-bodys use y-pipe setups. They will NEVER sound the same. Even if you get TD's on an F-body, it'll never sound the same as a Corvette's TD's, even using the same mufflers on the same motors. The Corvettes were designed from the factory with them so you can run equal length piping off the manifolds out the back. For the F-body, TD's require strange bends and uneven piping lengths to the merge and out the back. Even if it were possible to run the exact same exhaust setups and the exact same mufflers on the exact same motor, the whole undercarriage of the cars are totally different and you'll have to deal with the different harmonic frequencies of the cars. It's impossible to make an F-body sound exactly the same as the Corvette, no matter what you do.

Do the C5 ZO6's even make that much noise with the stock exhaust? Doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me...so quiet...
I agree here; the C5 exhaust is a much better design, a nice byproduct of the rear transmission. I imagine the mufflers have a large effect, but in my experience, everything from longtubes to cam choice affects how it's going to sound.

I had Tis on my '97 C5 with LG headers & high flow cats. I really liked their sound; not too loud when you were off it, but it got loud when you got on it... and kinda raspy. Sounded like it meant business. My Z had a GHL exhaust on it when I picked it up, so I'm not sure what they sound like thru the stock cats/manifolds. Depending on how it sounds, I might actually change mine to Ti once I get my ARH's/TSP228 installed; aftermarket C5 exhausts are heavier and make very little additional HP when compared with the Tis.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Default ...

have also seen where they run pretty much a staight pipe to one tips on each side. like said whats nice bout the tis is the fact that its not to loud unless u get on it even with the straight through pipe like i said up top. and to tell this no exhaust sounds the same even if the exhaust has the same components. all bends do make a difference but in the same aspect they would all have a basic general sound.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

Yes sir, vettes always will have a different tone, and the TI setup is one of the better flowing setups, quite light and imo sounds pretty nice.

There is alot more to just the muffler when it comes to how and why an exhaust sounds the way it does.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

do a search on tony mamo...........he has a frc with a ti muffler but he made the rest of the exhaust out of stainless if i remember right.....i forget how he fastened it to the muffler, i think he did something with pop rivets........im sure you can find it........his vette sounds bad ***.....

im pretty sure it was tony mamo....thats the afr guy right??????????
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup tony is one of AFR's people on here
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if anyone wants to try... i just took of my stock Ti with 19K miles...

ill let'em go for $350+ shipping
Attached Thumbnails zo6 titanium exhaust.-b-b2.jpg   zo6 titanium exhaust.-header1.jpg   zo6 titanium exhaust.-header2.jpg   zo6 titanium exhaust.-b-b3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by M6HuggerSS
well if anyone wants to try... i just took of my stock Ti with 19K miles...

ill let'em go for $350+ shipping
The mid lengths look like ARH's... what's with the long tubes?
Put the Tis on CF for a local sale, they'll go pretty quick for that price.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

obviousley the small one are the stock manifolds

the mids are ARH and the long ones are JUNK.

ARH has a KILLER kit for C5's. and the bullets sound nice as well.

it was tough to take off those Ti's are MANY vette guys swear by them.

they are the LIGHTEST on the market and FLOW VERY well.
just a little quiet for my taste.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I still need my girl or one of friends to drive it with me outside but I think my exhaust sounds like a C5. Everytime I was done getting on it I would just think, what the hell does my car sound like? Then finally I figured it out, I really think it has a close tone to a Vette. It doesn't sound like many LS1 F-Bodies that I've heard.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post7827681

Search this Thread