Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going for the full Mufflex...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:42 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going for the full Mufflex...

Exhaust system on Monday morning, tell me if this sounds okay? Currently, I am running a Custom 2.5x2.5 to 3" outlet Y pipe to a short run of factory pipe to my QTP cut-out, then factory over the axle pipe to a Vortex muffler to factory tail pipes/tips. What they would like to see for the power I'm laying down is there 3x3 to 4" Y / reducer to a 3.5 cat back to a borla XR? something or other? muffler looks like a mini hot water heater IMO. Will this be too obnoxious for every day street driving? or is there another brand muffler someone could suggest? I need it realitivly quiet, Anyone running a similar system? Anyway, I was told by more than a few people to ditch the 2.5-3.0 Y and get a real system, possibly more power to be had?

TIA!

Joe.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Going for the full Mufflex...

from all the posts it seems the borla xr-1 is one of the quietest if not the quitest straight through muffler, could you do dual cutouts on a 3 inch Y and maybe get a magnaflow or hooker catback so it could be loud and more powerful or nice and quiet if you wanted?