Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duals vs. Y Pipe on Cam & Bolt on car???

Old 06-22-2003, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Duals vs. Y Pipe on Cam & Bolt on car???

I am wandering has anyone seen dynos and/or track times on a bolt on car with a smallish cam (224 or smaller ?) that has switched to duals with an X pipe from a 3 in Y pipe There is a local guy who runs .3 and a few mph slower with a set of 3 in duals on his bolt on car versus a single 3 in y pipe. I am also curious how a 2.5 in duals with X would perform against a 3 in Y pipe and also 3 in duals with X. And if duals are not beneficial on a blot on car then at what power level do they start to become an aid versus a hindrance.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Duals vs. Y Pipe on Cam & Bolt on car???

a nice Y-pipe should give the same gains as a X pipe.
The higher HP cars usually see more horses from a dual exhaust system.
With duals on a cammed car, you might see a few more rwhp compared to a y with a catback...its the sound that hooked me
Old 06-22-2003, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Duals vs. Y Pipe on Cam & Bolt on car???

a nice Y-pipe should give the same gains as a X pipe.
The higher HP cars usually see more horses from a dual exhaust system.
With duals on a cammed car, you might see a few more rwhp compared to a y with a catback...its the sound that hooked me
Nice numbers Juice
do you have a dyno graph you can post? I wanna know if going to duals is worth it for me after I put on my S2 heads. I am not worried about the highest rwhp number I am worried about losing bottom end and middle range power in the RPM's. I think with my current exhaust set up I might have lost some bottom end power with Mac headsers w/orp and loudmouth

Search this Thread