Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter and tsp ory?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter and tsp ory?

I just ordered the tsp ory and pacesetter combo, you cant beat 500 dollars for a coated header and y pipe. i also ordered the o2 exstensions.

???? do you think i will be happy with this setup? i love loud and raspy, right now i have slp lm1 through cme and gutted cats.

my car has about 17000 miles right now do you think i will be able to re-use the stock gaskets? and how many band clamps should i buy? i hate using those u bolt clamps and i definatly plan on getting it all welded some day for a clean look.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

stock gaskets are fine. this is my 6th ls1 car and ive done header swaps on all of them. do a search and u will hear the same from others. as far as clamps, if youre welding it the same day, why not clamp it together with the provided clamps and take them off after its welded? oh yeah, and you cannot go wrong with pacesetters. i have used them on all my cars
Old 12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Pacesetters. I got the same combo you did, put on a magnaflow catback, and ran 12's.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Just installed the same system yesterday, except for the Y. I went to install it tonight and I could not get the Y pipe to slip over the headers. I have heard to heat up the ends and expand them, but I don't have the tools for it. Tomorrow I am gonna have a local shop just weld it in.
Headers went in pretty good, removed the steering knuckle, starter, oil dipstick tube and both coil packs for better access all around. You will probably need an additional 4 band clamps for the system. I figure that $50-$60 for those alone will help go towards welding with a better seal and no leaks.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the replys i should be getting them from texas speed on wed. and i will be putting them in sat at work. i will post up some pictures then