Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best intake porter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best intake porter?

Who is the best intake manifold and throttle body porter?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy formato(fasterproms), Tony Mamo(Afr), and Vengence Racing seem to be board favorites.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

When i grow up (90/90) I will have Tony do mine
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tony Mamo will be doing mine.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Formato

Very happy With Mine
Old 12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by ZO6 LandRocket
Who is the best intake manifold and throttle body porter?
search lt1dave
Old 12-03-2007, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

does anyone know how much would it cost to get a intake ported by these porters?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Roughly 500
Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jermzz
Roughly 500
It is pretty EZ to contact Vengeance and Tony Mamo @ AFR they are both vendors here. You can click onto their ikons on the right hand side of the page for their contact information. Why don't you call them and ask them yourself. Rather than take this guy from California wild *** scientific quess ...... They may have a Christmas special or some other promotion in effect at this time. It blows me away how people price a vendors work for them.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Formato is porting TB and Intakes for $325 this month.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
It is pretty EZ to contact Vengeance and Tony Mamo @ AFR they are both vendors here. You can click onto their ikons on the right hand side of the page for their contact information. Why don't you call them and ask them yourself. Rather than take this guy from California wild *** scientific quess ...... They may have a Christmas special or some other promotion in effect at this time. It blows me away how people price a vendors work for them.
Why don't you take some spelling and grammar lessons. In fact, while you're at it, give Tony a call down here in CA and touch base with him to figure out how much of a "wild scientific guess" that was I posted. I've met him personally and asked him face to face, have you? I talked to him for a good 15 minutes while his vette was running with the SR 383 and spewing smoke out the breather because it has so much blow by, have you?

Do you even have a ported intake, or are you strictly posting about something you've never even owned?

I'll even post up this quote by Tony himself explaining why his porting costs more then others and how he differs from the rest:

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Ported Intakes are no different than ported heads....A good job will add power....an OK job might not, and the wrong modifications can and will hurt power. I recently spoke with a shop (who's name I won't drag into this) who was slightly unhappy with his power results on a certain combination he was familiar with. He had a "ported FAST" from another vendor and I just mentioned in a conversation we had about his dyno results (which were mainly lacking in the TQ department) that he might want to swap on a stock FAST just to rule the manifold out of the equation....low and behold he picked up 15 RWTQ and 5 peak HP swapping to a stock unmodified unit. No matter what he was charged to have that intake ported, it was obviously money that wasn't very well spent (not to mention he's now stuck with an $800 plastic paperweight).

Bottom line is I have a lot of R&D, flowbench, and dyno time into the modifications that I make and the execution is time consuming because I pride myself on the neatness and accuracy of my work. To comment on it being overpriced without seeing one first hand is BS....speak to some of the people I helped and asked them how they felt about the money they spent after they received it.

Most of the guys that have used my intake have seen gains from 20-25 HP at the rear wheel and a nice increase in TQ early in the curve which is another big benefit....most stock FAST intake swaps show a loss at the very low RPM's and show most of their gains very high in the RPM curve.

What I do isn't for everyone....its for the guys looking for all the money from their combination and don't mind spending a little more to get it. The work is time consuming, definately not cheap, but I don't know of anyone I have helped that hasnt been totally satisfied with the end results.

Tony M.

PS....Joel, congrats on the results....especially the 20 ft/lb gain in TQ. I was happy we were able to clear your goals of 470+....big numbers considering the streetability of your combination.
Personally, I'd go to nobody but Tony to port any intake. The money is more then worth it.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why don't you take some spelling and grammar lessons. In fact, while you're at it, give Tony a call down here in CA and touch base with him to figure out how much of a "wild scientific guess" that was I posted. I've met him personally and asked him face to face, have you? I talked to him for a good 15 minutes while his vette was running with the SR 383 and spewing smoke out the breather because it has so much blow by, have you?

Do you even have a ported intake, or are you strictly posting about something you've never even owned?

I'll even post up this quote by Tony himself explaining why his porting costs more then others and how he differs from the rest:

Personally, I'd go to nobody but Tony to port any intake. The money is more then worth it.
Geeeze ... lighten up dude .... I had no idea that you and Tony were dating..but I do have a suggestion for you sir ... use beverages without caffeine....by the way you have no idea what I own or have owned..I have never felt that I needed to post a paragraph long list of the mods to my vehicle .. it has surpassed the performance goal that I wanted to reach when I started modding it ... but as I said before it is always best to talk to a vendor and get prices for their work directly from them..things change on a dailey basis in our world .. hope you have happy holidays.

Last edited by slt200mph; 12-05-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Geeeze ... lighten up dude .... I had no idea that you and Tony were dating..but I do have a suggestion for you sir ... use beverages without caffeine....by the way you have no idea what I own or have owned..I have never felt that I needed to post a paragraph long list of the mods to my vehicle .. it has surpassed the performance goal that I wanted to reach when I started modding it ... but as I said before it is always best to talk to a vendor and get prices for their work directly from them..things change on a dailey basis in our world .. hope you have happy holidays.

Nor do I care what you have or own. You jumped on my nuts so I had to scrape you off. He asked for a price, I put out a rough ball park number. If he's interested he's obviously gonna call anyway.

PS, Tony is a cheap date.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vengence.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nor do I care what you have or own. You jumped on my nuts so I had to scrape you off. He asked for a price, I put out a rough ball park number. If he's interested he's obviously gonna call anyway.

PS, Tony is a cheap date.

As I said before decaf is your friend..I hope you have a better day tomorrow so that you attitude improves for those who have to deal with you on a day to day basis..nobody "jumped you" what ever that means ...... maybe if you and Tony spend some meaningful time together you will not be so abrasive ... happy holidays dude..

Quick Reply: Best intake porter?