Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Y pipe is in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:12 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Y pipe is in.

I guess first off, Mufflex is a shop with a terrific team of tallent under one roof. Denny personally worked on my car yesterday morning and installed my 3x3-4.0 Y pipe, all the welds were perfect and I only complained about my CF drive shaft getting a silver paint treatment by his welder, no biggy little wipe down with carb cleaner and it's fine. I was there to get the full system installed, but Den realized he was out of 3.5 spin Tech mufflers, yes, I changed my mind again from the Borla XR1 muffler, so I'm going back Thurs to get the rest of it hung.

Now for the good news, the performance at first didn't feel all that WoW!? I drove about 10 miles and it was getting better every traffic light, even still through the factory cat back pipes, there is a very nice difference now and it did pick up power, Denny was amazed I turned the power numbers I did through the old 2.5-3.0 Y he cut off. The PCM enrichened by 4% so I backed that off, and SOP by the end of the day felt much better even in hotter conditions than before, better mid range for sure. The motor smoothed out a bit more too, I used to have a slight surge and rpm drop while coasting down to lower speeds in 4th, that seems to be gone now. Happy customer!

Joe.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: My new Y pipe is in.

Good deal; I experienced the same nice increases going from ( 2.5" Y-pipe to 2.75" I-pipe ) to ( 3" y-pipe to 3-1/2" I-pipe over rear ). Need tuning though to make it happen all the way! Joe, sent you one PM this week, need help, see if you have time to answer.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mufflex makes great stuff and denny is very knowledgeable. here is their website:
http://www.mufflex-performance.com/
Old 06-26-2003, 04:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

your welcome.....Victor! lol
Old 06-26-2003, 05:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice can't wait to see the new dyno numbers.