Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for opinions on coated pacesetters and TSP off road Y

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for opinions on coated pacesetters and TSP off road Y

Ok everyone I am trying to decide on which header/ y-pipe system to go with. My car is basically stock power wise right now. with nothing more than a lid and SLP 2OTL catback. I am looking at doing some stuff over the winter including new Strano springs/shocks, and headers/ y-pipe. I was almost completly set on doin the mac midlengths with off road y. I had these on my last LT-1 car and they worked pretty good. However I was searching all the threads on newer header systems that have come out. It seems the pacesetters, along with the TSP y-pipe is a pretty good set up. I am looking for people that have hands on experience with this system. As in you own them, or have at least helped install them. I am looking for the most ground clearance possible. Also how is the fit on the pacesetters? I hear mostly good things about them. How do they compare to the macs? I even heard a few people say they give better ground clearance than the macs. Also about noise production. I don't want my car deafining loud, would the pacesetters be any louder than the macs? Also if anyone has any under car pictures with this set up installed that would be great.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Long tubes wont make different sounds, its the catback!
it will be LOUD and most likely raspy!

I got Pace Lt's and Ypipe w/koni sa's and eibach prokit springs.

I got decent clearance, but I am limited to places I can go, but I dont care about that, it rides better than stock. And I dont drive it every day.

GoodLuck
Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

The pacesetters tuck up nicely. I did have to cut one block tab on the driver's side, but others have done it without cutting the tab. Installation was easy. Stainless headers are great, but I wanted to do some other mods so I got the pacesetters and used the difference for other mods. Very pleased with them.I do not recommend the TSP y-pipe. I am going to have to do some additional work to the fitment to stop the banging. There are other y-pipes that fit better according to some folks on here, and some have had good luck with the TSP y. I guess I just got a bad one.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Pacesetters are great for the price. The TSP ORY is crap. Its not designed for optimal flow. They cut a hole in one pipe and welded the other into it. The only good thing about it is that its in several pieces which allows for adjustment. I just purchased the TSP y pipe and a week later, I was in a fabrication shop having a real Y pipe made.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

I 3rd the ex-nay on the TSP-Y. I just installed my Pacesetter LT on saturday, went to install the Y on sunday and no go. The did not slip fit, bad weld job, and came up short at the I pipe. Off to the muffller man on friday, pending I get new thermostat in. Not sure what Y to recommend though.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Pacesetter LT's and y-pipe and they fit pretty good. It does bang a bit but I can live with it for now. I will be switching to duals in the future. If you are going to go through the trouble to install headers you should just go full length.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have pacesetters, with a custom 3" y with a flowmaster merge, and a cutout before the axle, sounds different than EVERY other ls1 car aound here with just the "x" brand ORY... so yea the y pipe does make a difference, i think.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The merge in the Pacesetter y-pipe is crap but other than that mine went on without too many problems. The headers slid in extremely easy. Mine started to rattle after a couple of hundred miles but they rarely do it. I think one of the header pipes is hitting something. My y-pipe doesn't bang at all though. I was very happy with the quality of the system for what I paid. Definately noticed the power increase and my car is still untuned.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Ok. So I guess no go on the TSP y. It seems that there are many different good LT headers for these cars and pretty much no good Y-Pipes. I know it is a verry cramped area there so..

Any one hear anything on the XS headers. I saw a picture and those things look awesome. Good looks don't mean they fit worth a damn though. Sure do look nice though, and are the right price.