Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would it be worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would it be worth it?

i have an electric exhaust cutout but havent installed it yet... i was thinking about doing it but then i realised it would be a waste because it would have to get moved when i install LT headers is that correct?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you put it in the proper location, i.e. past the door, or roughly under the rear seat area, you will not have to worry about it. Your not running a top fuel car, no need to run the cut out off the header. Alot more noise, heat, and exhaust fumes is not worth the possible gain, in my own opinion.

Run a high flow cat if you have to but run the cut out down stream, you will not be disappointed.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you put it behind the last clamp on the y-pipe you wont have to worry about it later. When I got my LTs, and 3"ORY, the cutout stayed in the exact same spot. Just make damn sure you put it BEHIND the y pipe
Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lotta good suggestions..and before you install it make sure you have got whichever exhaust system you want to run already picked out ...do a mock up first..and then install it..
Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
lotta good suggestions..and before you install it make sure you have got whichever exhaust system you want to run already picked out ...do a mock up first..and then install it..
+1 all the above mentioned suggestions are the way to go! If you've got a catback, do that. If it's stock, wait till you put in your catback.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Launching!

yea i have flowmasters catback so i was just thinking if i put it on the pipe under front passenger seat i would have to move it when i installed the y pipe with thte LT