Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about lt headers and cat back

Old 12-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking about lt headers and cat back

I am i thinking pacesetter lt headers and magnaflow or loudmouth cat back, but should i deleat the cats and go with an ORY or go with high flow cats from slp or someone else. I know i have to keep the front o2 sensors but is it really a good idea to deleate the rear ones and the cats. I want more of a badass sound but i cant decide wether or not to keep the cats.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

What are you plans for the car?

Im rocking ...

PaceSetter LTs
ORY
Magnaflow Cat-back

Sounds amazing with Bolt-Ons.

After the cam install it got a bit louder ... and by a bit I mean un-godly loud. I plan on throwing a pair of cats on their to quiet it down.

If I could do it all over again I'd go with High-Flow cats.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Teching In

My plan is to eventually get heads and a cam. My ss is not my daily driver so it doesnt matter really how loud it gets, but i would like to be able to talk without yelling when cruising. My 76 pickup at idle it sounds like it is just a plain dual exhaust, but above 2500 rpms it has been said that people can here me coming from miles away. I am hoping that this isnt that loud but if it is o well.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What exhaust do you currently have on your SS? It should be already 3 inches all the way back. You would be fine to just get some LTs/ORY and hook it all up to your current catback.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have lts, with ory and and a magnaflow catback. I think it sounds good.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Well...
What's your budget that you want to spend on the full exhaust?
Do you want/need to get stainless or is mild/aluminized steel fine?
Are you set on running a catback or are you also looking into true duals?

Personally I've ran 2 exhausts on my car this past summer: Pacesetter LT's into a TSP ORY then back to an adjustable Borla catback. I loved it with the closed plate on the street, and sounded wicked at the track with the open plate. Then I rocked custom true duals dumped with a 3" x pipe and magnaflow 4x9 mufflers. This exhaust sounded better than the Borla, actually it sounded amazing. Mellow at part throttle, screamed at WOT, and the car trapped a little higher at the track as well. Now I'm running a Pacesetter ORY with dual cutouts into a Magnaflow catback, but it isn't on the car yet so I'm not sure how its gonna sound.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Teching In

What is on my car now is the stock system with a flowmaster muffler and tips that are like 24" long and it sticks out the back of the car about 5" and it is really bugging me that it looks like that. The original owner was kinda retarted.
It sounds pretty good but I have heared better TA's and camaros exhaust. Actually right now i am thinking stainless steel headers and ORY and getting rid of the cats.
I wouldnt mind having true duals but i want it all the way out the back and not dumped infront of the axle, which makes it more difficult. I couldnt find any kits that went all the way out the back. So if there is any i would like to know or i guess i could go to the local shop and fab up my own true dual system.
I dont really have a budget but i want to get this and other bolt ons out of the way before i start figureing out what cam and heads to put on next winter.
And i really hate snow that really puts a damper on driving my car on weekends.

Search this Thread