Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flo header install

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flo header install

ok here it is i ordered the flp header system and i am wondering how hard it is to install these headers and how long its goign to take me, i have axcess to a lift and all the tools in the world so is it still goign to be a pain or what? i heard that it is easiest if you take out the lower K meber( i think thats what its called) and like one or 2 engine mounts to give some more room is this true? o and any pointers you would like to give would be great thanks
Old 06-26-2003, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Flo header install

No need to take the K member out, I don't think that's necessary with any of the systems. With plenty of height, the FLPs should pretty much just fit in. You may need to remove the oil filter, loosen the motor mounts, or disconnect the steering knuckle but that's about as bad it gets.

Use GM header gaskets, take your time, and it will probably take you about 6 hours (that's average). Some have done it in two, others have taken 10.

Don't overtighten the header bolts. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Flo header install

I think it took me about 8 hrs by myself. Thats to completely remove the stock exhaust system and get the FLP system on.

I only had to remove the oil diverter thingy and the filter to fit the drivers side in. I removed the rear 2 coils on the pass side.

Using just a jack and stands it went in real good. I didn't even need O2 extensions. I used the rear O2s in the front and the wires were long enough.

I would gring the O2 bosses down before you install them. I was getting insufficient switching codes until I did mine. Much easier out of the car!