Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulley squeak????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulley squeak????

I had LOUD screatchin noise in the engine and i thought it was the AC because i just charged the system when it started to do it. so i took off the belt to see if it was infact the AC and it wasnt. So then i took the main belt off and started the car IT WAS STILLL SQUEALING!!. so we cam to the conclusion that it was the crank pulley.

now my question is how do i fix it?? I took the bolt off and put locktite and torqued it down to 250. anything else it can be????
Old 06-26-2003, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: pulley squeak????

how bad is the squeel? On my 99 TA I had to replace both my tensioner and idle pulleys because they were bad. And that was at 15000 miles.....I would check those...just take them off and check the bearings....good luck!!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

I checked em' all and it is none of them I know it is the crank because i took off the main serpintene belt and the ac belt so the only thing spinnin was the crank. I also forgot to mention the car has been driving for over 1500 miles and been about 3 weeks with no problem.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

how about the pilot bearing???