Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gain from cutout and Flowmaster collector?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gain from cutout and Flowmaster collector?

I plan on doing the Flowmaster collector in my Y pipe to help get rid of most of what rasp I still have. I also plan on tossing on a cutout while that is getting done. I don't plan on running with it open, as my car is loud enough and it sounds to raw. BUT my question is what kind of RWHP can I expect with these two swaps? I'm thinking maybe 10 RWHP? I'm sure not to many have done the collector mod, but many have a cutout. Who has open/closed #'s for me?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
I plan on doing the Flowmaster collector in my Y pipe to help get rid of most of what rasp I still have. I also plan on tossing on a cutout while that is getting done. I don't plan on running with it open, as my car is loud enough and it sounds to raw. BUT my question is what kind of RWHP can I expect with these two swaps? I'm thinking maybe 10 RWHP? I'm sure not to many have done the collector mod, but many have a cutout. Who has open/closed #'s for me?
Yo Ryan, I know I picked up 7 more hp and 6 more torque on a dynojet when I did my full exhaust and got a full tune. Also my increase with the cutouts open was done on my car that already has a really free flowing exhaust, so depending on your exhaust will also depend on what how much you gain.
Also what exactly is the collector mod,
Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to throw something out there. That cutout may be a really bad idea. You have no real muffler on your catback right now and it really can't get anymore free flowing. That cutout may become a bottleneck in the flow. Keeping the I-pipe intact will keep the flow path straight. The cutout will do nothing but make the flow path crooked when the cap's closed.

Since you intend to keep the cutout closed, it's going to hurt you pretty much all the time.