Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker headers and Y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hooker headers and Y-pipe

Anyone have this package, does it hang down low or leak?
Old 06-26-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hooker headers and Y-pipe

All long tubes hang low. (Sounds familiar ) But I am not a big fan of hooker, I just dont like the way it sounds, but some people swear by it.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't like the sound?

The Hooker LTs tuck up a lot better than many other headers out there on the market. The y-pipe is not as bad as some say, or make it out to be. Are the Hookers the best? NO. But they are the best for the $$$. IMO of course.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:05 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We installed a set on my friends car and I was impressed with how well they did tuck a lot better than some others I've seen. The Y pipe fits fine but do your self a favor and buy some of those 3" exhaust clamps Summit sells to fix the leaks on the Y pipe. The stock clamps do not provide enough clamping force or area. The Summit ones will cover the whole section where the Y and headers go together. My friends did not leak until it was driven on for a while but one good bump and I think he said he hit something in the road and they started leaking. MTI told us they they were seeing good numbers from the Hookers that was when we were getting it tuned. Just a few things to think about.