Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quietest exhaust on a budget:Pacesetters, Y pipe w/ cats, stock cat-back w/ cut-out??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quietest exhaust on a budget:Pacesetters, Y pipe w/ cats, stock cat-back w/ cut-out??

For an A4 car I'm looking at doing a cam-only set-up and want the car to be as quiet as possible when I'm driving around town. I'm thinking Pacesetters w/ Y pipe that has cats, into the stock cat-back w/ cut-out. With the cut-out closed this should be a very quiet set-up and with it open it should flow fairly well, agreed? What catted Y pipe would work (fit) well with the pacesetters and then going into the stock cat-back. If anyone has any other ideas for a budgets exhaust set-up that should make decent power but be quiet, let me know. Thanks....
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend has a pewter a4 ws6 and he has pacesetter lt with cats and a magnaflow catback it is a extremely quiet compared to my setup....i thought pacesetter makes a catted y? i will get back to you and see what ypipe he is using!