Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Headers on EBay < $300!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stainless Headers on EBay < $300!?

Saw these on Ebay for less than $300 including shipping. Too good to be true for stainless?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

putting them on will probably be fun. do a search on ebay headers and read the crap people have gone through trying to make them fit. id just save for the $450 xs stainless steel headers sold on here.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

putting them on will probably be fun. do a search on ebay headers and read the crap people have gone through trying to make them fit. id just save for the $450 xs stainless steel headers sold on here.
Most of what you will find on Ebay headers,,,is about the XS headers!!!!! They used to be sold on Ebay,,this is becoming a confusing topic because there are now about 3 or so versions of "ebay headers",,,XS used to be one, im not sure if they are still sold on there or not,,but i dont recall seeing them lately......
Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

correct. XS sed to sell on e-bay for 350 shipped. I took a chance and had great success, and now look - theyre a sponsor here.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

xs has had a good reputation since being an ls1tech sponsor. when it comes to ebay im talking obx and no-name.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weird those look like XS. Just look at the drivers side collector how it aims up.

Hrm...
Old 12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

i can tell you right now those arent xs headers though
Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt buy them.. I got Jet Hot Coated Pacesetters from WS6STORE and I like them.. The metallic-ceramic coated ones are under $300... I still got the Jet hot coated Headers and pacesetter Y pipe for under $500. Im happy!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

i can second tainted on those NOT being "the original" ebay headers, xs. Those are from California, whereas the XS's sold on ebay came from North Carolina.

I love my XS and given another chance would get them again, highly reccomend if youre looking for a bidget header. feels good to be able to say that now, i got censored when they frist came out for them not being a sponsor
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Hello everyone. I'm the sponsor selling what now used to be the XS headers. We have been dealing with this ebay problem for awhile now. It seams that someone has bought our headers and copied them. We no longer sell any of our headers on Ebay We are the only ones selling what used to be the XS headers. I say that because from now on our headers will be listed under our name: LPP they will be LaMonte Performance Parts Headers. I have looked at the ones on ebay and believe me they look very cheap. For one they are made out of 304 stainless just like all the other stainless headers out there not 321 like ours are. And as pointed out the drivers side collector looks like it's pointed way up in the air now (bad copy job) I have also read post in a couple of other threads here about people trying to contact the companys listing on ebay now and getting no responce. I read someones thread that bought one of the sets and never received them and are trying to get there money back now. So to clear everything up the old XS headers will from now on be LPP headers and we will never sell them on Ebay.

Thanks,

Carl

CEO, LPP
Old 12-18-2007, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
Hello everyone. I'm the sponsor selling what now used to be the XS headers. We have been dealing with this ebay problem for awhile now. It seams that someone has bought our headers and copied them. We no longer sell any of our headers on Ebay We are the only ones selling what used to be the XS headers. I say that because from now on our headers will be listed under our name: LPP they will be LaMonte Performance Parts Headers. I have looked at the ones on ebay and believe me they look very cheap. For one they are made out of 304 stainless just like all the other stainless headers out there not 321 like ours are. And as pointed out the drivers side collector looks like it's pointed way up in the air now (bad copy job) I have also read post in a couple of other threads here about people trying to contact the companys listing on ebay now and getting no responce. I read someones thread that bought one of the sets and never received them and are trying to get there money back now. So to clear everything up the old XS headers will from now on be LPP headers and we will never sell them on Ebay.

Thanks,

Carl

CEO, LPP
Thanks,

Do you have a webpage link or any information about purchasing your headers?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...19#post8326919
I think its still under construction,,, as i could not see any products,,just the site.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

i got a set of ebay about 6 months ago now look just like those collector up and everything, 379 shipped was the price. and i can tell you right now i can get the y pipe on put is pressed against the floor pan
Old 12-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Just remember you get what you pay for.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Here's my theory on the ebay/XS/LPP headers ... I think they're being manufactured in China and a number of different distributors spec out their own versions and sell them in different venues and under different names. Ultimately, they all come from the same source. They are too similar to be otherwise. The ones pictured above have the same cocked ds collector as the XS headers.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Probably welded together by lil kids in a factory in China. LOL.

They look ok, but one does have to question the fitment of such a "cheap" piece

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
i got a set of ebay about 6 months ago now look just like those collector up and everything, 379 shipped was the price. and i can tell you right now i can get the y pipe on put is pressed against the floor pan
That was from the **** eyed kid on the end of the line. lol