Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XS headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XS headers

Hello all. I'm starting this thread to clear up some issues and give out some information. For starters XS headers are no longer sold on ebay. We are the only ones selling them now. So all the ads on ebay are not XS headers. We believe someone has bought our headers and copied them. For this reason we are changing the name of the headers to our conpanys name. From now on our headers will be LPP (LaMonte Performance Parts) headers and exhaust. We will no longer sell them on ebay. We are in the process of setting up our own website which will be the only place you can buy our parts. If you want to check out what our new site will look like you can go to www.lpparts.com

Also we are in the process of adding more exhaust parts. We are working on a tru dual setup and also a cat back setup. Both of which will be made out of the same 321 polished stainless steel as the headers are. Before I get flooded with PM's it will be several months before these are ready to sell We are also working on LT1 headers and Y which should be out in the next month or so. We also are working on Full size GM pickup headers and Y.

Thanks,

Carl

CEO, LPP
Old 12-17-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet, looks like I need a new signature to help ya out
Old 12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Well... I made 462 rwhp thru my XS headers. Great service and a really nice product. Good Luck with the new sight...
Old 12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about a y with some high flow cats?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome, now mabye the old stigma of the "ebay" headers will go away, and everyone can see that these suckers are some of the best out there
Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have any round-about estimate of how much the custom true-dual system would run? i know its too early for exact prices, thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a suggestion, especially specifically for me...

if you're doing a true dual setup... what will the mufflers be?
I would honestly prefer a stainless chambered system (stainless works or even classic chambered if they've started stainless production yet, and NOT the sweet thunders because they're **** :o )

or maybe you're looking into fabbing your own mufflers ... in which I'm still going to suggest a stainless chamber :o
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Just to clear up a few things, the Ebay headers were available long before the XS headers were sponsored on this site. I know this because I purchased my Ebay headers in about Feb of 06. When I purchased mine, the only ones out there had the emissions tubes on them and I had to remove them. The emissions provisions are the only design difference between the Ebay headers and the XS headers. I wish one of the two had copied the design, because then maybe the company copying the headers would have corrected the **** poor design of the driver's side header. In reality, I am pretty sure they are of the same design and manufacture. Don't even get me started on all the intellect that went into the design of the Y pipe. If it quacks like a duck.....

Galen

P.S. I agree you get what you pay for. I will probably be replacing my XS/Ebay headers with either ARH or QTP headers within the year.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a little more clarification for you...
The eBay headers ARE the XS Headers, and are no longer sold on ebay, and up until now, they were still XS Headers, and now are a sponsor on LS1tech as well as having a name change. It's still the same company. When they became a sponsor, it was already a change that had been made, but the non-emissions headers were starting to surface.

I believe the collector on the drivers side is being addressed, but to be very honest, I bought a set and though it is angled up, I NEVER had a problem compared to some of these people...

yeah, I can agree the y-pipe could be better but mine was free so I won't bitch :o

Originally Posted by Galen
Just to clear up a few things, the Ebay headers were available long before the XS headers were sponsored on this site. I know this because I purchased my Ebay headers in about Feb of 06. When I purchased mine, the only ones out there had the emissions tubes on them and I had to remove them. The emissions provisions are the only design difference between the Ebay headers and the XS headers. I wish one of the two had copied the design, because then maybe the company copying the headers would have corrected the **** poor design of the driver's side header. In reality, I am pretty sure they are of the same design and manufacture. Don't even get me started on all the intellect that went into the design of the Y pipe. If it quacks like a duck.....

Galen

P.S. I agree you get what you pay for. I will probably be replacing my XS/Ebay headers with either ARH or QTP headers within the year.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Here's my theory on the ebay/XS/LPP headers ... I think they're being manufactured in China and a number of different distributors spec out their own versions and sell them in different venues and under different names. Ultimately, they all come from the same source. They are too similar to be otherwise. The ebay ones have the same cocked ds collector as the XS headers.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Here's my theory on the ebay/XS/LPP headers ... I think they're being manufactured in China and a number of different distributors spec out their own versions and sell them in different venues and under different names. Ultimately, they all come from the same source. They are too similar to be otherwise. The ebay ones have the same cocked ds collector as the XS headers.
and you base this on....?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Pontiacerator

Let me stress that this is THEORY ... speculation based on available facts ... not a claim to factuality.

1. These headers are sold for half or less of any of the American made stainless headers. When they were introduced, there were numerous accusations that they were made in China, and there were only evasions, not outright denials. You can find out easily where any of the major sponsors manufacture their headers, but not these. My deduction is that they are indeed made in China (or somewhere similar) and the distributors aren't proud of the fact.
2. The design similarities - including bends, locations of the welds, collector angle - indicates the same source.
3. The different iterations - emissions/non-emissions, 304/321 stainless, indicate that different vendors are spec'ing out different versions for market. I suppose that one vendor could be doing it all through multiple marketing channels, but I doubt it - especially since LPP has explicitly disassociated itself from the ebay sellers.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

Personally, I don't really care if underpaid abused Chinese slaves are making them. i am not especially politically correct, and don't have a need to feel warm and fuzzy about this.

What I do care about is this:
Materials: I prefer 321 over 304 stainless for exhaust... but both beat steel
Finish: The polished is cool
Design: Yeah, please get the problems ironed out with the driver's side collecter angle.
Availability of LT1 headers... THE DEMAND IS HERE! Spend ALL of your R&D on these for a few weeks, and cash in!
Price: Anyone who says they don't care about price at all, please send me your money.

Bottom line: MY only concern if they are made in China is turnaround time on R&D. I want my LT1 headers!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RevGTO
the thing is though is that the steel is truly what they claim, they were originally sold by only TWO people, one was the distributor/manufacturer themselves, the other one can only assume had close ties to said distributor/manufacturer ...

of course anything is possible, but the claims that they were manufactured in China came from people who were on this very message board, who honestly when it comes down to it, just can't believe in a product that is new for such a low price.

after having these headers on for plenty of time, and seeing where people have their doubts or annoyances or whathaveyou, I have to admit, after seeing the quality of products that Kooks, QTP and American Racing (not bashing either of these guys here), for the PRODUCT alone, the price honestly is unbeatable, the angle of the LPP/XS drivers side header is only slightly moreso than the Kooks set I had my hands on, and the weld quality matches the three companies extremely well... sure the headers look similar to the regular hooker super comps or whichever they were, but the quality and material are superior.

Like any new product, there is going to be a lot of doubt, just as there was when people started making their way into the various markets for these cars... especially because of the price

BMR had Spohn and eventually UMI to compete with, both of which make some superior suspension pieces over the BMR pieces and because of this prices have become very competetive in the market for pieces that now really come down to personal experience and preference (UMI has made a huge name for themselves in this market).
SLP had MTI, Texas Speed, Whisper and various other competition for Lids, most of which who did it better than they did for less
Throttle Bodies, Intakes, Heads, Cams, Transmissions, Clutches, etc ... everything starts somewhere... When Spec first started on the market there were naysayers galore. When Patriot and TEA started offering the heads they do for the prices they do, there were and still are naysayers...

**** like this just comes down to personal prefernce... either you take a gamble and go with something new, with the possibility of being **** on in the end, or you go with something three times as expensive and still run into almost the same amounts of problems...

I took the risk, I run the headers with zero complaints, they went right in, I had no problems, they seal well and they've done extremely well on my car...

mods are in my sig, minus the cam... but cam only, they helped put out 410rwhp ... not bad for what is considered a "Budget header possibly from China"

sorry but after 8 or 9 months of running the headers, had they been through what I've put them through and were NOT the quality they are and are made from somewhere in china, they'd have fallen apart by now... regardless of the stainless steel being used, but they'd have not had the craftsmanship put into them that they do.

Sorry if this sounds sort of "Tainted" ish... but I have to admit, I had my doubts at first as well... but I'm comfortable with my decision, so if you want to bash me or any of the others who have used the headers, feel free... but it seems for any one naysayer of the headers once they're on and problems are over, there are twenty more who are still satisfied.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Pontiacerator

I for one am not bashing anybody - I have them on my car. I was originally going to go with Pacesetters, and everybody knows they're made in Mexico. But when these came out in stainless for $50 more, I thought, "go for it." Installation was hell, but I'm completely happy with them now.

The above is just pure speculation about the relationship between ebay and XS/LPP headers - not an assertion that they're bad, good, or otherwise.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

i dont care if they are made on the moon by little pink slave labor bunnies, i am going to get these soon. they cost less than the rest of the stainless companies, they will last as long as the others, the gains will be close to all the other headers (stainless or not), and they are a sponsor. if spending money on a name helps you sleep better at night, then good for you.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Im debating on going with XS or QTP headers here in about a month or so. The one thing QTP has over the XS headers that has me leaning that way is the angle of the DS collector. I personaly will not buy the XS y-pipe if I go that route, I want something that is pure 3'' pipe and not crimped. Their headers seem to be good quality from what Ive seen, theres no doubt there, but that angle issue seems to be a killer!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Retired Street Racer

You'd be suprised how many of your parts on your Canadian Camaros are actually made outside of the U.S. Does that mean you are going to replace them all with American parts? Some of you people just jump on a ******* bandwagon and follow whatever Joe Blow before you says, while the rest of us are breaking records with these Chinese parts. Keep it up, it is rather entertaining.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

off subject,,,but not really,,,i bought a new DR side valve cover from my local dealership,,,,when i got the new piece, there it was,,,,made in Mexico.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do yall remember when they kicked my *** off here for a month for posting non-sponsor links ns **** up and comparing them to Kooks?

well arguements like these made it so worth it

Quick Reply: XS headers