Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Toys 85mm Air Lid - Fitment on Z28's

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast Toys 85mm Air Lid - Fitment on Z28's

As you are aware, we have ran into a couple of issues with our new 85mm Air lid fitment on Z28 models (only Z28 models have had issues). We spent quite a bit of time to contact customers and do some more test fits.

We tried to figure out if a particular year was problematic but it appears there is no pattern. We test fit on two Z28's this past week and both fit fine with just some minor rubbing.

To date, we have had one reported issue of the hood not being able to close without modification o the under hood support brace and one customer that could not close the hood without forcing it shut (even with modifications). Other than that, everyone else we contacted said they were able to install the lid.

With that being said, we have updated our catalog to indicate "potential" Z28 install issues and will offer Z28 customers that purchase a lid a refund if the lid does not fit.

We considered reducing the height of the lid but decided against that due to the decrease in flow that would result. We feel the majority of customers purchase this product to maximize flow to their engines.

We thank you all for your feedback and look forward to your continued business

Here is some feedback from a customer today:

-------------------------------------------
I got a phone call a few weeks ago concerning fitment issues for the 85mm lid that i bought from you guys. I haven't had a chance, between work and the holidays, to do a test fit until this afternoon.

From laying it in on my car and closing the hood i see no clearance problems at all. It appears that it may just barely touch the hood under WOT when the engine lays over, but that would be the same spot that the Whisper Industries lid that the FT85mm will be replacing, so I consider it a non-issue.

Hope this all helps you. Thanks for the great products and caring service. Can't think of too many companies that would go out of their way to contact product owners and be so proactive about potential problems.