Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Chevy camaro starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Chevy camaro starting problems

I have a 99 z28. Haven't had any problems out of anything and just last shopping. Got out of car like I always do lock door from inside car and when I returned I used the remote ( Like I always do) to unlock the doror. Placed the key in the ing. and started to turn the key all lights came on had 12 volts going, everthing working perfect so far. When I tried to start turn the ing. over for car to start nothing happened. Just like I was trying to start the car in R,OD,D,2,1. Security light in the dash where all other gauges are located was flashing. does anybody have a clue to what might be going on. started doesn't even make a sound. Thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Any idea on reseting the computer
Old 12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

you could pull the pcm fuse under the hood

sounds like a vats problem mabey though
Old 03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

i have this similar problem on my 94 except i get no security light at all. Does your key have passlock. If so check the chip in it. IT may be dead. Since this happend to me i first suspected the starter solenoid. I replaced the starter n that wasnt the issue. I then checked and then jumped all the theft detterent relay and got it to start then it would die in a matter of seconds. So i eliminated that relay and i eliminated the Shifter position switch or relay. I then suspected the key i brought it to the dealer and it was not giving a code. I tried a new key. Still nothing. So i will attemp resetting my comp. If still nothing i am going to look at the Ignition switch and see if thats any good. Try checking all of those that i was just talking about.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

do you have the owners manuel?

Quick Reply: 1999 Chevy camaro starting problems