Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powerstick on stock exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default powerstick on stock exhaust??

OK, well the I have stock mani's, cats and y-pipe. After the Y it has Flowmaster. I want to get rid of this and will be getting LT w/duals when funds allow. I was thinking since powersticks are so cheap why not put one where the I-pipe is now and just take the rest of the Flowmaster off?? (and beat someone over the head with it)

Would this work?? Would it sound like complete ****??

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think it will sound bad, but I also don't think it would be worth the trouble. I would hold off until you are ready to do the duals.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"do it.... see what happens"
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by super_fro_daddy
OK, well the I have stock mani's, cats and y-pipe. After the Y it has Flowmaster. I want to get rid of this and will be getting LT w/duals when funds allow. I was thinking since powersticks are so cheap why not put one where the I-pipe is now and just take the rest of the Flowmaster off?? (and beat someone over the head with it)

Would this work?? Would it sound like complete ****??

Thanks.
Do a search on LS1sounds, theres a guy that did just waht you're saying. Powerstick in the i-pipe with stock manifolds and ypipe. It sounds pretty mean!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by '00_Z
I also don't think it would be worth the trouble. I would hold off until you are ready to do the duals.
What would need to be done?? Couldn't I just cut the I pipe off where space allows and weld the powerstick to it?? My father can weld. Or is it something that a exhaust shop has to do??

The Flowmaster on there is blew out (according to the guy at the trans shop anyway). It just rattles constantly. I have been under there when its rattling grabbing on heatshields, the tips, the muffler trying to locate the rattle. The guy there said I could have someone cut open the muffler and knock out the baffles and weld 'er back up. So I'm really tired of the "rattler" and came up with this idea.

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Do a search on LS1sounds, theres a guy that did just waht you're saying. Powerstick in the i-pipe with stock manifolds and ypipe
I couldn't find it.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a rattle under my car. When i too my car in to get the tranny serviced he was able to find the rattle. It was one screw in the heatshield. He is a bad man lol. But you can check that if you want to
Old 12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try this one buddy
Bird-Of-Prey - "Here's one I had but I used the 30" long power pack which took up the whole I-pipe."
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...t=100_9092.flv

Here's another thread with a description and sound clip:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ler+powerstick