Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things to do...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to do...

I have a 1999 camaro. V6.

I have a flowmaster dual exhaust on it. It sounds descent, but could be better.

Im not the car person and dont know what all the terms mean. So basically im looking for some small things to improve sound and speed. I got about $200. I know its not a lot in car world, but what small things could I do to improve it? I already got oil changed, air filter, etc. Parts? or what.

sites and prices to these things would be nice. thank you and merry christmas.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

For that kind of money some kind of cold-air kit is your best bet.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

well i would go with a lid and maybe cut that muffler out and have a magnaflow or somthing welded in. the muffler on the flowmaster catback is known for being one of the worst flowing catbacks because of the muffler. google magnaflow muffler #12267 because you can find it pretty cheap or you can just go to their site and order it, that would weld right in place of the flowmaster one and a lid is a lid but slp has a great one and you can get it pretty cheap from marylandspeed.com
Old 12-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Alright as far as the cold air intake thing. From the pictures ive seen of them it looks REALLY similar to what I already have. The lid? What would that be?

EDIT: I looked at that 12267 part. My current doesnt look like that. Mine has one pipe coming in on the right and two coming out. (left and right)) not 4 total pipes.

Last edited by EagleEye; 12-25-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:55 PM

Good news. Went up to my local muffler shop and got my part selected. I ordered the magna flow for my single to dual.

Will that sound good?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

I think a few of these people were under the impression that you had an LS1 car. But since its the 3.8 the lid is not an option, that is how the intake box on the LS1 cars is done. As for the exhaust, will it sound better than the flowmaster? IMHO no, flowmasters have some of the best sounds but, they flow like crap. But Im sure you will get what your looking for with this exhaust.