Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt is walking off pulleys......

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Belt is walking off pulleys......

I had the same problem and I thought about the "Larry" pulley, but when I called Thunder and spoke to Paul he recommened the Katech tensior. I have it and I am going to install it soon. Give Thunder a call.

Here is the web page for you:
http://www.thunderracing.com/index.c...yid=1079#T1896
Old 06-29-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

$130 is a little out of my price range. Plus that does not include the actual pulley. Who carries the larry pulley tensioner, and how much is it? I also need a new belt, and while im at it im going to do the AC belt too. Where can i get the belts and pulley tensioner at the same place? THANKS
Old 06-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Thunder Racing has both the belts and the Larry pulley. But you will need to call in to order the Larry pulley. I have one ordered from them right now, but they are on back order just like everything else ASP makes. :\
Old 06-29-2003, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

$130 is a little out of my price range. Plus that does not include the actual pulley. Who carries the larry pulley tensioner, and how much is it? I also need a new belt, and while im at it im going to do the AC belt too. Where can i get the belts and pulley tensioner at the same place? THANKS
I recommend the katech dude.In the long run you wish you did anyway,after spending $65 on a Larry pulley and another $30 for a belt you'll already have about $100 wrapped up in it anyway.
Plus i still hear of people having belts come off even with the larry pulley.

I was having the same belt problems,bought the Katech and swapped my pulley on to it and never looked back!! Never had a problem since!

good luck
Old 06-30-2003, 03:39 AM
TECH Regular

Default Belt is walking off pulleys......

This is like the fourth time this has happened. All i do to fix it is pull the tensioner pulley back and reset the belt. Then its good for about a week. Now my belt is starting to shread from walking so much. what is causing my belt to walk off my pulleys? Do i need a new tensioner pulley? The belt that is on there now is the factory belt with 40K on it and factory pulleys. Please help me out, thanks!!