Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Intake Design-Torque?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock Intake Design-Torque?

I'm putting a heads/cam/headers modified 02 LS1 in my '57 and wanted some input on this new intake Edelbrock is going to start shipping in 1Q. My objective with this car is Torque, stoplight to stoplight, not how fast can I go. This new intake is almost like a carbed Victor Jr intake for the LS1, it just has provisions for injectors and different throttle body necks (high, low, sideways) depending on your underhood requirements. They say the sloped neck you see here, fill fit under stock hood of Camaro.

Am I correct in saying an intake with long/tall runners like this is generally for speed vs torque applications?

For LS1's they're also announcing a new water pump, nifty valve cover looking coil covers, 2 piece timing cover and their (I think it's new) EFI/Programming system you can see in the pics as well.

Thanks,
Charlie
Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

"crickets chirping"
Old 12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a TTT for you....

I subscribed after your first post because the Victor Jr has always looked good to me. That intake is obviously geared towards the high rpm or FI folks. With the long tube slanted down before the TB it's almost like adding a plenum.... maybe to lower the RPM range a bit. I think an LS6 intake may be better if low rpm torque is what you want.