Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

last bolt on

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question last bolt on

Well, I won't be putting an electric water pump on my car, so an underdrive pulley is my last bolt-on. I have an A4, will I have charging issues? Or should I buy the overdrive alternator pulley? Will the stock belts work with an u/d crank & o/d Alt pulley setup? How much hp loss will there be with the o/d Alt pulley? Should I just get the u/d crank pulley?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

charging issues wont be a problem IF you dont ahve anymore than a stock or near stock stereo.

these pulleys are smaller, so obviously you need shorter belts, tsp has the pullies and belts.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you order the asp pulley they should give the part # of the cable you will need to pick up...you could go ahead and pick up the asp alt pulley that will go with the underdrive pulley...
Old 12-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get the underdrive pulley and don't waste your time with the alternator one. I have all of the bolt-ons with just the underdrive pulley, and have never had a charging issue on either of my cars.