Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt1 t56 work with ls1? and couple questions on ls1 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 t56 work with ls1? and couple questions on ls1 upgrades

sorry for the newb questions i dont post on this board too much. i am more into the old school carb stuff but i am wanting to get into fuel injection with my new project. it is a 67 camaro rs. the rear is set up with a ford 9 inch with a four link setup and adjustable coilovers. i am looking for a donor drive train. i have been contemplating the lt1 because it will bolt up the same and i found one local to me for very reasonable i would go ahead and do most of the major bolt ons before i installed it, but i also found a lt1 t56 complete setup locally in my price range. my question is, i know the ls1 is superior to the lt1 so i have been contemplating just buying the ls1 and stick it in there stock but will the lt1 t56 trans i found work with the ls1?

another quick question if i was to go with the ls1 what kind of power are you guys getting out of them with just a cam swap?

sorry for the newb post guys if this is in the wrong section of whatever do with it as you will. i can get pictures up of the camaor if anyone is interested.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LT1 T56 tranny won't work on LSX motors. Different bell housing

And the cam swaps usually range from 330 - 380 hp. Depending on the cam
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The LT1 tranny can be made to work, but it's more trouble than it's worth when you can get something that will bolt straight up and work perfect. The LT bellhousing will bolt up, but you will be missing the top, center bolt.