Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Yall Remember My Problem? Lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do Yall Remember My Problem? Lol

Back in November I posted a thread about a car problem...my car was runnin like crap and i was all the way in Florida(I live in NC)...anyway, thanks for all the help, i limped the car back home, and it was all she could do to run 95mph on 95....took the car to the muffler shop the next day to check the converters...drivers side looked new. Took off the passenger side and it was COMPLETELY clogged. The guy asked what i wanted to do, and we have no emissions here, so i said hack em. He cut them off, welded in two pipes, and BAM..car ran like a brand new one. So, of course i had to take it to the track, cause it was pullin pretty good....the car went 12.97@110mph on a 1.98 60 ft.....the fastest it had been was 13.34@105mph on a 1.94 60 ft..and all i have is an air lid, modified throttle body, dyno tune with HP Tuners, 4:10s, and a 6 speed. No headers, no head work, no cam swap...anyway, to make a long story short....thanks everyone who helped me out, and if your car wont turn in the upper rpms, check the converters.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timothy_5326
Back in November I posted a thread about a car problem...my car was runnin like crap and i was all the way in Florida(I live in NC)...anyway, thanks for all the help, i limped the car back home, and it was all she could do to run 95mph on 95....took the car to the muffler shop the next day to check the converters...drivers side looked new. Took off the passenger side and it was COMPLETELY clogged. The guy asked what i wanted to do, and we have no emissions here, so i said hack em. He cut them off, welded in two pipes, and BAM..car ran like a brand new one. So, of course i had to take it to the track, cause it was pullin pretty good....the car went 12.97@110mph on a 1.98 60 ft.....the fastest it had been was 13.34@105mph on a 1.94 60 ft..and all i have is an air lid, modified throttle body, dyno tune with HP Tuners, 4:10s, and a 6 speed. No headers, no head work, no cam swap...anyway, to make a long story short....thanks everyone who helped me out, and if your car wont turn in the upper rpms, check the converters.
nice that was a good fix