Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need "Top End Cleaner" advice

Old 07-04-2003, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need "Top End Cleaner" advice

i just wanna go over this to make sure im doing it right..
first i just spray the cleaner into the TB, thru/past the MAF sensor with a tube on the end of the nozzle (like WD40 tubes), while the car idles
If the car dies during process, stop spraying and recrank, then finish spraying
After the can is empty, I turn off car and wait at least 15 minutes, but longer is preferred (if so i might let it sit a few hours)
Then after the waiting period, i take it out for some WOT action to expell the rest of the crap/carbon out the exhaust.
THEN change the oil.

sound about right?
sucks though, i have 0 miles on my current oilchange, since its been parked for a while, think maybe i could just drain the new oil and put the old oil back in till after the cleaning process?
I still have the old oil

i hope this works, cause im blowing some MEGA nasty junk out of the exhaust....hell, im leaving black streaks up and down the driveway and garage from it

thanks in advance, guys
i dont know what i'll do without this board
Old 07-04-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: need

That is correct.

I personally would just change the oil again. I wouldn't want to dump the old crap oil back in. But, I suppose you could do that if you are comfortable doing it.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i just dont wanna waste $25 of Mobil1
maybe i outta just buy some cheap storebrand oil and use that, then put my new mobil1 back in...hmmm
Old 07-04-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

How well does this stuff work at cleaning all the carbon out and oil out of the cylinders?

My 01 engine has that nasty oil consumption that everyone keeps talking about (I downshift a lot).......plugs always have a film of oil on them.......
Old 07-05-2003, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

when I did it I sprayed it in the morning before going to work and when I got back I did a couple of WOT's (scary seeing all that white smoke comming out the tailpipes )

Search this Thread