Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mufflex catback owners come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mufflex catback owners come in

I am currently running the SLP dual/dual catback on my car. I'm upgrading from mac headers to thunder racing LTs amd I'm going to order the mufflex 3 inch y pipe to go with the headers. I was thinking that since the mufflex y pipe already comes with a with a 4 inch outlet, maybe I'll order a mufflex 4 inch catback to go with it.

Couple of things for those of you that have it...

It has to be the highest flowing simply because the damn pipe is an inch bigger than anything else out there, no?

Which muffler should I order? The flowmaster race with single hideaway 4 inch turndown, spintech crossflow with single hideaway 4 inch turndown, or spintech crossflow with dual 4 inch tailpipes?

How loud of an exhaust is it, pretty loud? I'm gonna be running an off road y pipe with long tubes into it, So i'm guessing it ain't gonna be real quiet.

I guess another option to open up the exhaust a bit more is just to say screw it and put a damn cutout in the SLP dual/dual intermediate pipe and be done with it.

Let me know if you like your mufflex and how it sounds and also what muffler you're running.

thanks,
Jordan
Old 07-08-2003, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: mufflex catback owners come in

i run hooker lt's into a mufflex y with mufflex 4 inch with spintech muffler going out into duals that uses my factory CME tips.

after listening to many catbacks i knew this was the one for me. its not real real loud but its not quiet by any means. if i had to choose a different catback it would be a gmmg. I have a wolfe torque arm, drive shaft loop, and the 4 inch pipe in the tunnel and still have plenty of room for a 3.5" drive shaft.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Launching!

I had a custom y made there with the Random tech. metallics and then installed the 4" system with dual 3" outlets.
At idle it's got a nice rumble, when on it, it gets loud. (I also have 11.4 Compression)
May even be louder than my loudmouth when it was stock. Those little cats I'm sure are getting close to not having any at all.

Everyone else seems to like the sound a lot
Old 07-09-2003, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

I have the 4" with flowmaster. I'm running jet hot long tubes, off road y-pipe, and turn down single tip after muffler. It sounds mean! Sounds like a big block car. As a matter of fact, I can save you money. I'm selling mine right now for $400 shipped. I want something louder, so I'm going with GMMG. If you would like, e-mail me at nolatrans@yahoo.com, and I'll give you my phone # so you can listen to it. Todd
Old 07-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

I have TTS headers and a 3.5 Mufflex catback with a spintech muffler. I run cats as well. Its a smooth deep tone, not real loud or raspy. It did get loud when i had the cats removed and custom OR pipes made, cats went back on after no notice in power gains and dang emissions inspection. Only gripe I have is the tight fit. I do get some rattles every now and then, especially where the torque arm mount is (it doesnt bolt to the tranny any more).
Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a custom Y-pipe coming off of a set of Dynatech headers going back in to a Flowmaster Y (dual 3" to a single 4"), and the Mufflex 4"/Spintech combo out back... and it sounds BEAUTIFUL!!! I was afraid it was going to be too loud, so I had originally made up a set of bullets to go immediately after the collectors to quiet it down some more... and it was actually TOO quiet for me.

In any event, the exhaust note has some ***** to it, but it's pretty mellow while cruising... makes a nice noise when you hop on it, but not all that obnoxiously loud. Truth be told, I couldn't be happier with the exhaust setup.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:07 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm runnin' a 3" in/ 3" Dual out Spintech muffler, and love it! Dual 3" turn downs tucked up high for a clean profile.

Quick Reply: mufflex catback owners come in