Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XS Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XS Headers

What Sponsor sells these headers?

Thanx
Old 01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

ebay yo... look at the sticky...
Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
ebay yo... look at the sticky...
actually they arent on ebay anymore, the ebay ones now are cheap knock offs. XS changed thier name to LPP, get in touch with black2002ws6 to get them, hes the ls1tech rep, great headers by the way
Old 01-30-2008, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
actually they arent on ebay anymore, the ebay ones now are cheap knock offs. XS changed thier name to LPP, get in touch with black2002ws6 to get them, hes the ls1tech rep, great headers by the way
Cheap knock offs? Proof please? XS, Ebay are all knock offs of the Jet hot style. If you do the XS you may want to wait untill they come out with their new revised headers and Y-pipe. Personaly I do not like the flattened Y-pipe.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LLM and XS are the exact same, they are sold on here as LLM to help sponsor LS1tech.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
Cheap knock offs? Proof please? XS, Ebay are all knock offs of the Jet hot style. If you do the XS you may want to wait untill they come out with their new revised headers and Y-pipe. Personaly I do not like the flattened Y-pipe.
Do you have the Ypipe?!? Didn't think so, so how can you have an opinion on it? For everybodys info... It is barely "crushed" and the flow is in no way hurt by how little it is flatened. My car has the mods in sig and made 395rwhp during the summer in a hot *** shop with a not so great tune. That is par with everyone else that has a cam that size so... Why do people say that the y-pipe is bad?? I don't know.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Okay... I was informed that XS headers ARE NOT SOLD ON EBAY... and who cares anyway.... so my questions are simple.
1. Are there any fitment issues.. heard drivers side was too tight/ bent towards the otton of the car.

2. Are these the same headers advertised on ssautochrome?

3. If they are ... are they 1 7/8 headers?

Guys I don't care who makes 'em.. if they are stainless, excellent fitment, and priced right... they can have my money..... a brand name usually indicates the quality, I also believe that most of the brand names are over priced as hell. If these headers meet my criteria... enter the new brand name of choice..... LLM
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know if they can come in 1 7/8's or not and I the fitment is not that bad on the drivers side header
Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

To the OP,

1. My DS collector is close to the floor but I had no problems with the Y hitting. They have redesigned the collector on that side.

2. Yes, I believe so

3. No, they are 1 3/4

I made 462/413 (HC Car) through them with their y pipe and an open cutout
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
Do you have the Ypipe?!? Didn't think so, so how can you have an opinion on it? For everybodys info... It is barely "crushed" and the flow is in no way hurt by how little it is flatened. My car has the mods in sig and made 395rwhp during the summer in a hot *** shop with a not so great tune. That is par with everyone else that has a cam that size so... Why do people say that the y-pipe is bad?? I don't know.
You dont have to own something to have an opinion on it. Maybe my common sense told me that. I have seen them in person and dont like the look. Also why not wait for their revised on? Are you that stupid to tell him to buy one that he MAY have a fitment issue with, when their new ones coming out soon?

And for your mods, you make what mose LS1 cammed cars make....But your sig says you have a 6.0...So more cubes and you made what a less cubed cam motor makes?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

OKay, I appreciate everbodys opinion... the bottom line is I need to get a set of headers and obviously I want the most for the least.... does anyone have any expirience with ssautochrome headers or should I just stick with the XS.... This will end the debate and make me purchase today.. thank you guys.....

Mark
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

black2002ws6 is the sponsor for LLM headers
Old 01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Retired Street Racer

I bought them when they were on eBay under SSAutoChrome. No problems with them. And my car is fast
Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt D
I bought them when they were on eBay under SSAutoChrome. No problems with them. And my car is fast
LOL...Just fast?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

I love my XS Headers! They hit the K-member on both side, and hit the floor, too! It sound really cool.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

link in sig, everything you need to know is there
Old 01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
You dont have to own something to have an opinion on it. Maybe my common sense told me that. I have seen them in person and dont like the look. Also why not wait for their revised on? Are you that stupid to tell him to buy one that he MAY have a fitment issue with, when their new ones coming out soon?

And for your mods, you make what mose LS1 cammed cars make....But your sig says you have a 6.0...So more cubes and you made what a less cubed cam motor makes?
Or maybe you should see what I wrote more carefully and you will see that I said that was on a pretty much base tune, not much tuning done at all.. and it was during Florida summer in a shop which bring the temps to about 110*... So maybe use your head and do some calculations with it and find out what that would actually come out to... Oh yea that was with a burnt spark plug wire... Woops so maybe these headers and y pipe actually do work. So don't bad mouth something until YOU have personal experience with it.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I had all kinds of problems with them during my install, but once they were squared away, they were fine, and have been good since. Inexpensive for stainless and they perform as well as any other header.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
Or maybe you should see what I wrote more carefully and you will see that I said that was on a pretty much base tune, not much tuning done at all.. and it was during Florida summer in a shop which bring the temps to about 110*... So maybe use your head and do some calculations with it and find out what that would actually come out to... Oh yea that was with a burnt spark plug wire... Woops so maybe these headers and y pipe actually do work. So don't bad mouth something until YOU have personal experience with it.
Sounds like excuses to me. I have never once said that XS headers are POS headers. If their Y pipe wasnt crimped and their DS collector wasnt angled I would own a set. Now to the tune, a base tune? Why even bother? Your in there tuning, why not tune it for the max power? And a burnt wire? Why would you even dyno with a defective wire? The answer lies within my first sentence.
Now have you dyno'd your car with an un-crimped Y pipe? No. So you can not say if it hinders you at all.So lets not be a hypocrite.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

drivers side header collector is slanted upwards. Its a POS. Both sides hit the K Member. Y pipe is a piece of junk, I'm going to have a custom one made to get rite of their Y-pipe. Hopefully this will allow me to resituate the headers so they will not hit the K Member. My pacesetters fit much better

With all this said, the headers are still a good deal. Just get the headers, and make your own y-pipe.